Part 50

Kit and Ming lay together curled up in their cozy blanket, Kit's head on Ming's chest who played with Kit's hairs smiling at him.

"I am so happy Ming." Kit mumbled in his chest and Ming smiled. "Yeah?"

"I finally met my dad again, after so long." he raised his head and met Ming's eyes.

"I am happy for you too." Ming said. "It's like my whole life is setting, I never thought I would see my dad again but I did, I missed him so much and seeing him was like a miracle." Kit played with Ming's shirt button. "And he even told me that he'll never leave me again."

"That's wonderful, you finally are getting what you deserve" Ming pulled him closer and he exhaled happily. "He talked to me and I asked him about payment and you know what he said?" Ming asked and Kit shook his head. "He said that he won't take a single money from us or you, he said he'll take care of you as a father not some therapist, he said he wants to make up to you" Kit let his tear fell as Ming hugged him closer. He wished his mom would come back too and for them to be happy family again. He sighed and shook his head; he didn't want to think anything about his mother or her boyfriend. He just wanted to enjoy the moment with Ming and the fact that his father was back.

"I told you that everything will be okay didn't I?" Ming said and Kit nodded. "It will be" he breathed over Ming's lips and kissed him hard and passionately. Ming kissed him back moaning in his mouth as Kit tugged his hairs, he felt hopeful for once.
.
.
.

Few days later Kit woke up in his bed with a groan. It has been days since his dad started coming over his house and he would exercise regularly but today he couldn't. His dad had some emergency patient and he delayed his meeting with Kit. It was evening and after a lot of exhaustion from his art work he was sleeping. Kit straightened himself and he winced in pain. He frowned and moved his legs only they didn't. His heart skipped a beat and he threw the blankets away. He looked at his stone legs and his mouth went dry, he tried to move them but it didn't work. He felt nothing. It was like he was numb.

It didn't happen to him after that day in hospital. He felt tears rising in his eyes as pain ache through his body with nothing but numbness in his legs.

"Ming?" he called panicked. Frantically he looked around for something but he didn't even know what he was looking. His breaths started to come in short waves and he felt lightheaded. In panic he moved forward to grab water bottle that was resting on his side table but lost his balance and fell on the floor with a thud. He winced and his tears fell as his breaths became shallow.

"MING!" He shouted, gasping for air. He tried to move his legs again but failed. He heard footsteps and in a minute he saw Ming bursting inside, his face panic.

"KIT!" He screamed and bend down. He rested his head on his lap and looked at him concern. "Kit, what happened? Ming asked concerned searching for injuries. For his edges he saw Mark, Nate, Ming's mum and Max coming towards him.

"Can't feel my leg...s" Kit gasped. "I can't move them.." he cried and gasped clutching to Ming who looked panicked and scared. "Hey relax it's gonna be okay." Ming brushed his hairs; Kit felt someone lifting his head and someone holding something over his lips. "Drink Kit, its water" he heard Ming's voice and opened his mouth. He took two small sips before his vision started to blur.

"Kit hey stay awake, it's gonna be okay." Ming patted his cheek but he saw the darkness.

"MARK CALL THE AMBULANCE!" He heard Ming yell but then he fell limp on his arms with nothing but darkness and numbness.