Part 25

It's been almost three days and Kit was still unconscious. After his mother told his sibling about Kit they all had different reaction. Nate started crying hugging Ming. Mark was too shocked to say anything and Max he didn't quiet got the idea of what that means. Only thing he understood was that Kit wasn't okay and he cried saying "Kit was hurting".

Since then he stayed with Kit refusing to leave his side, Ming had to assure him that Kit was okay and that as soon as he will wake up Ming will call him. It took him a lot of time and pleading to finally give in. Mom asked Ming to come back home as well but he denied. He promised Nate and Max to update if he wakes up anytime and hugged Mark who patted his back.

Right now, he sat beside his bed starring at the rhythmic rise and fall of his chest. He looked better now, less pale and most of the tubes were off. It was a good chance he might wake up today and he did. At first Ming thought he imagined his eyes fluttering but when he saw again he immediately called the doctors who pushed him outside.

He jumped anxiously on his feet, messaging Mark that he was waking up. He had informed Kit's friends as well who came everyday to visit. Ming remembered how shocked they when Ming told them about his condition. Beam stood frozen while Phana tried to gain his attention. In the end they both cried and scolded Kit, Ming smiled sadly seeing them talking to Kit and flashed back to his best friend but immediately shook his thoughts.

They tried contacting his mother but couldn't reach her; in the end they left a message. He was brought back to reality when his phone chimed indicating message from both Mark and Kit's friends saying they will be there as soon as possible. He replied with a small okay before the door opened and in came his doctor.

"He's awake and well" He informed Ming who sighed with relief. "He doesn't know about his disability yet" His smiled faded and his shoulder sank. "I suggest you tell him, but not immediately in few hours. And tell him gently. It will be a shock for him" Ming nodded gulping before he thanked the doctor and slowly opened the door to find Kit lying there looking way better. His breathing mask was replaced by tube. He smiled seeing Kit which made him gulp but nevertheless he smiled back.

"How are you feeling?" Ming hesitantly asked sitting on chair.

"I'm okay, don't worry" Kit smiled a little at him. "How's Max? Is he okay?" He then frantically asked. Ming was immediately by his side holding him down.

"Relax, he's okay" Ming informed him and he sighed. They stayed silent for a while before Ming spoke. "Kit, I don't know how to thank you. What you did was heroic. You saved my brother so thank you" he awkwardly spoke and Kit smiled resting his hand over Ming which lay on his bedside.

"Ming I didn't save Max to be heroic. I saved him cause I love him. Cause he is like a brother to me and I would be damned if anything happened to him" Kit muttered, his voice hoarse.

"I--" Ming was interrupted by door opening and Max running towards Kit, his eyes shining with tears. Ming saw how Kit's face beamed seeing them all and he smiled fondly.

"KIT!" both Nate and Max screamed and ran towards Kit kissing his face and holding his hand pushing Ming aside. Ming looked at his parents who smiled seeing them and Mark who stood near Ming.

"Hello you both" kit chuckled ruffling their hair.

"Kit you scared us so much, don't do that again" Max pouted.

"Seriously Kit, that wasn't funny" Nate mocked offense.

"Alright you both, I'll obey" kit chuckled making them smile.

"Are you okay Kit?" Ming's mom brushed his hairs.

"Never better" Kit smiled making them gulp. Ming looked at his mother conveying the message pleading for some sort of assurance and she smiled sadly. They knew it was suppose to be done. He shook his head when he heard sniffles coming from Max and saw how he was crying. Kit frowned cupping his face.

"Max, what happened?" He asked confused.

"You almost died saving me, you got hurt because of me" Max sobbed and Kit sighed bringing him for a hug. He held him closer shushing him down.

"Max, it wasn't your fault love. And look I'm okay" Kit assured him and he pulled to look at his face.

"Promise me you won't ever leave me" Max extended his hand and Kit chuckled shaking it.

"I promise."