Part 38

Ming coated last layer on the wall before he threw the brush in bucket and wiped his hands on his already ruined shirt. He smiled content looking at the wall and then looked at Mark who was practically sitting on the ladder messaging Pring, he shook his head at him.

"Okay I'm done now, take this." Ming said and Mark stood up, he climbed two steps before extending his arm. Ming passed Mark the bucket but stopped when he saw Mark's arms which held three cuts on it. Ming gulped and looked at Mark who frowned before realizing what happened and withdraw his hand looking away.

To say Ming was shock would be an understatement. He was frozen on the spot and his heart was breaking. His brother was suffering and he never realized. He stared at Mark through tearful eyes that weren't looking at Ming.

"Mark..." Ming whispered, his voice thick with tears which made Mark gulped. He slowly climbed down and placed the bucket on the floor before moving towards him and grabbing his arm no matter how much he fought. He looked at the cuts which was kind of fresh and to some extent wasn't. There wasn't much but yet there was.

"Mark why?" Ming asked, Mark met his eyes and Ming gulped at the sight of his brother's tearful eyes. "I couldn't help it bro..." Mark whispered his lower lip quivering and Ming blinked his eyes rapidly.

"Help what?" Ming asked but he looked away. "Mark please talk to me." Ming pleaded his tears threatening to fall. Mark closed his eyes and looked away. "I can't help but think it was my fault Kit lost his legs, everytime I look at her my heart breaks and I couldn't help but think if I was faster none of this would have happened." Mark whispered his tears falling rapidly, Ming practically felt his heart breaking as he breathed Mark's name and cupped his face.

"Mark it wasn't your fault, none of it was. It was destined to happen no matter how fast you could have run." Ming assured him.

"You don't understand Ming, I couldn't even help you when you were suffering." Mark said and Ming shook his head no longer in control of his tears.

"Listen to me, It wasn't your fault Mark,I know you tried but in that moment I wasn't able to think straight. Mark it's my fault, because of Liam I abandoned you all, I didn't even think that you all needed me, that it was affecting you all too. I was selfish and I closed myself for so long and that's why you are suffering. If I haven't done that none of this would happen." Ming whispered his vision blurred with tears and Mark shook his head but Ming pulled him in a hug.

"I'm so sorry Mark but I am here now and promise me you won't ever do this again." Ming said and Mark nodded hugging him tighter. Ming squeezed his eyes shut his heart breaking. "I Promise I'm here now and I'm not gonna let anything happen to you or Max and Nate." Ming promised and Mark pulled apart smiling a little at Ming.

"We are never letting anything happen to Nate and Max. Ming we have both been through hell but let's promise that we'll protect Nate and Max together and give them all the happiness." Mark extended his hand and Ming shook it "I promise" and just like that both brothers vow to each other to protect their siblings.
.