Part 24

Ming literally felt the ground shifting beneath his feet. He felt the world spinning and he felt himself stumbling towards the nearest wall for some sort of support. He stood still trying to process what he just heard. His head shook subconsciously and his trembling hand went towards his mouth muffling his sob which was eager to come out of his dry mouth.

If only he could think straight he might be able to understand what Doctor's were explaining to his parents, mostly about Kit's conditions and remedies he needs to do. His vision was blurred with ocean of tears in front of his eyes but he couldn't even blink to let them slide down his chin. His body, his mind suddenly felt so heavy or light he didn't know. It was like; he wasn't control of his own body anymore.

From the corner of his eye he saw his mother finally breaking down in his father's arms. His father held her close to his chest as she cried fisting her hand. Immediately he looked away and closed his eyes aware of the rapidness of his tears falling. He gasped a little when his mind started to finally process what was happening.

Kit lost his legs.

He won't be able to walk anymore.

How were they supposed to tell Kit about this?

He finally let out a sob as he sat down on the chair. He ran his hand on his hair as his mind played all the flashes of Kit, His laughs, his smile, Him running with Kit. He felt stupid now, he was the same person who always got jealous of Kit playing with his brother and now in such a twisted way fate made him realized how selfish he was. He sobbed when he realized he won't be able to play with Max anymore.

He wanted nothing more to reverse the time and prevent that all from happening. To stop Kit from going, hell to even scolds him. He flinched a little when he felt hand over his shoulder and looked up to see his mother's bloodshot eyes. His eyes went towards his father whose face read heartache and pain but his eyes were wet. He didn't utter a word when his mother held him in her arms, or when he felt her hand running down his arm, even when she started whispering sweet nothings in his ear. He couldn't say a thing; it was like everything dissolved with that one sentence.

He just closed his eyes and let his mother held him, listening to her voice but not understanding a thing she said cause his mind wasn't there. Thoughts of Kit circled constantly around his brain and he wanted to rip it apart.

"Ming" he heard his mother whispering his name but he didn't reply. He just looked at her letting her cup his face and wiped his tears. "Honey, come on we have to be strong" He should found his voice assuring but he couldn't. He couldn't be strong anymore. Not when he believed it was his fault in the first place. "For Kit, for your siblings" he felt her mother's fingers on his hairs.

"I can't" His voice broke and she sighed sadly.

"Ming" She murmured but Ming shook his head.

"Mom please I just need some time" He stuttered. "Alone" he added when she was about to sit with him. Mom looked at father who nodded understanding where Ming was coming from. She sighed and caressed Ming's cheek.

"Okay, I'm gonna tell your siblings. Be here after a while" she traced his cheek and he nodded. "Be careful" her finger lingered for a while before she kissed his forehead and went inside Kit's room. Ming sat there for a while before he stood up and moved out of the hospital. He didn't hire a cab, but walked to clear his mind.

He looked up at the sky and saw the clouds, no sign of sun. He exhaled deeply and walked slowly wherever his feet were taking him. He let his mind filled with memories of Kit though he didn't have any. He remembered how forgiving he was when Ming apologized to him.

"You deserves better and there are people to help you, to show you how much they loves you" he remembered Kit saying this to him that day. He knew deep down Kit was the reason Ming was slowly getting out of his shell. He had been so good to him while Ming was nothing but rude to him. He was afraid; he wasn't ready to lose Kit now. He was scared Kit might hate him after everything he did and said, he might not want to talk to him anymore. It terrifies Ming.

He remembered Kit telling him not to close his heart from Love and it ripped his heart that after him being so nice towards everyone he got something no one deserved.

He walked for god knows how long until he couldn't anymore. He sat down in a cafe and rested his head on his hands. He knew he had to be strong but at that moment he couldn't think straight. He knew he had to be there for Kit now just the way he was with him and he was determine to prove him that he has so much to live for.