⌜ thirty five ⌟

renjun watched donghyuck eat his lunch silently. he also didn't know why mark was absent. renjun woke up and saw a message from mark that he won't go to school, he didn't have time to go to mark and donghyuck's house since he was late for class.

when he got to school, he only saw donghyuck walking alone in the hallways with his head down.

he just hoped nothing happened between them and mark is just sick that's why he can't go to school.

hyung, do you want chicken?❞ chenle also noticed donghyuck being silent

donghyuck slowly shook his head as a no. he can't even finish his lunch, why would he want a piece of chicken?

water?❞ jeno passed him a bottle of water but the younger didn't accept it.

hELLO YEOROBUN—

everyone glared at lucas, telling him to be quiet because someone is not in the mood.

lucas pressed his lips into a thin line and sat next to donghyuck. ❝hyuckie?

donghyuck ate a piece of meat and nodded at lucas.

is there something wrong?❞ among everyone, lucas was more worried. donghyuck is a very close friend of his and it hurts him seeing the younger being down.

donghyuck then placed his chopsticks down and stared at his food. the question lingered around his head. was there anything wrong? why would he be affected by what mark did? as far as he knows, they were not in a relationship.

he told mark that he doesn't want to be part of the family, so isn't it his fault why this happened?

but he didn't mean it though.

he then raised his head and managed to pull out a smile. ❝nothing is wrong. everything is just great!

he really tried to be happy. he tired to forget what happened yesterday. at least he tried.

lucas knew that his friend was lying and so he hugged donghyuck, placing the younger's head on his shoulders.

seconds later they heard some faint sobs. lucas patted donghyuck's back, wishing it would calm him down.

now.. tell me what happened..

🍼

chan! i want you to eat your food!❞ mark raised his voice making the baby to flinch from his seat

i'm not hungry.❞ chan pouted and crossed his arms

it only made mark slam his hand on the table ❝you haven't eaten anything since morning!

but i'm not hungry—

mark glared at the baby ❝chan, you eat your food.

mark.

chan quickly got down from the chair and ran towards the guy standing at the living room.

u-uncle j-junnie..❞ chan cried and hugged renjun's leg

chan, how about you go to your room hm?❞ the baby nodded and didn't waste any seconds to run towards their shared room.

what are you doing here?

renjun looked around noticed some books lying down on the floor, pieces of a broken glass scattered at the corner, and the kitchen wasn't even better than the living room.

a day without donghyuck and this happened.

mark sighed ❝are you here to talk about donghyuck? i'm not in the mood.

why.. why did you say those things to him?

the next thing mark did surprised renjun. the chinese was expecting a punch in the face for going inside the house without telling him or a shout for mentioning donghyuck when he didn't even want to talk about him.

but none of them happened. instead, the older hugged him tight.

what shocked him the most was a sound of a guy crying.

i ruined everything.

t b c