⌜ thirty six ⌟

another day without mark and donghyuck feels empty

another day without mark and donghyuck feels empty. donghyuck packed his things up, not bothering to look at the seat beside him.

hyuckie!❞ donghyuck raised his head and saw lucas waving at him by the door ❝let's go?

it felt a little better knowing that he still has his friends beside him but it will never feel the same without mark.

the younger nodded and grabbed his backpack before running towards lucas.

are you feeling any better?❞ lucas knew the younger was going to say yes even though it's not true

better than day one, at least.❞ the younger gave him a small smile

well, at least. lucas placed his arm around donghyuck's shoulders and continued walking, talking about what happened in their class a while ago. donghyuck laughed when lucas told him he got caught picking his nose. it wasn't the same laugh lucas got used to but at least he made the younger laugh.

as they were walking towards the front gate, the both saw a familiar figure which made the taller smile.

but the smile quickly disappeared when he saw two people.

lucas!❞ jungwoo waved at them and dragged the the guy with him as he walked nearer to the two

lucas' eyes were on jungwoo's arm wrapped around the other's arm.

oh so you are lucas.

no. my name is xuxi.❞ donghyuck nudged his bestfriend, making lucas roll his eyes ❝yeah, i am.

the male giggled ❝hi, i'm doyoung.

lucas nodded ❝how could i forget the worm my boyfriend kissed?

jungwoo's face became red when he heard the word 'boyfriend'.

doyoung laughed ❝a worm?

donghyuck raised a brow ❝dude he doesn't look like a worm.❞ he stared at doyoung from top to bottom and thought of a bunny.

he's not cute enough to be called as bunny.❞ lucas admits, he actually thought of a bunny when he first saw doyoung. ❝the only cute one here is junguwu.

lucas didn't find doyoung cute that's why he didn't address him as a bunny, but why worm?

jungwoo pouted ❝what's with the junguwu? i'm jungwoo!

doyoung then took a bow ❝i'm here to apologize for kissing jungwoo. i just did that because my ex was there. i just wanted to show him that i'm already over him and i moved on.❞ he explained.

lucas the smiled. he pulled jungwoo and placed his lips on top of the older, showing the two that jungwoo is his and no one else's. first kiss doesn't matter to lucas, it's always the last that matters.

lucas.❞ jungwoo hit lucas' chest ❝not here.

lucas smirked ❝where should we do it then? your house or my apartment?

donghyuck rubbed his temples and made doyoung laugh at his reaction. lucas saw doyoung looking at his friend and so he pulled him closer to him.

he's taken, i'm sorry.❞ what lucas said made donghyuck punch him from the side. ❝ouch!

that made doyoung laugh even louder ❝i'm not trying to hit on him though.

lucas you idiot!❞ donghyuck hissed.

🍼

donghyuck and lucas went their separate ways and it was now the younger walking alone at the dark street. not the kind of scary dark but the kind of dark that made donghyuck calm down. their street was safe so he has nothing to worry about.

while walking, he was thinking about something. he was thinking about moving out after graduating and finding a job that's out of town.

there was no reason to stay.

papa!

donghyuck raised his head and saw a baby running towards his direction.

his smile soon disappeared when the baby ran pass by him and as he turned around he saw the baby hugging his father that was standing behind him.

he shook his head and continued to walk. he surely misses chan but he doesn't know what to do. it wasn't only chan he is missing but also the guy he loves.

the younger doesn't get why he's feeling affected when they weren't even on a relationship. yeah, mark told him he loves him and donghyuck did the same but none of them asked each other to be their boyfriend.

a question was now lingering on his head, what was he to mark?

if only he can turn back the time, he would go back to where he told mark that he doesn't want to be part of the family. he lied, he actually wanted to be part of the famiy. he wants to take care of chan and wants to love mark.

he wants to live with them, wake up early to cook breakfast for them, send chan to school, and give mark the love he deserves.

but then he was so scared that it made him say that.

he paused when he saw a familiar house, it was his. he was about to opene the gate but stopped when he could feel someone's eyes on him.

the younger turned to the side and there stood mark, looking at him.

it seems like he just arrived from the supermarket since he was carrying two plastic bags. donghyuck wanted to run and hug him and say sorry but his feet won't move.

mark just stared at the younger, trying to decipher what donghyuck's eyes were telling him. was it telling him to run to the younger and hug him? was it telling him to forgive donghyuck? was it telling him to forget what happened and start a new?

donghyuck?❞ donghyuck snapped out from his thoughts when he heard a familiar voice.

jaehyun hyung?❞ the younger opened the gates and ran inside the house, didn't want to look back and see mark.

he saw his brother cooking something from the kitchen. he placed his bag from the sofa and immediately ran to hug his brother.

sshh hyuck,❞ he patted the younger's back. taeyong looked at his boyfriend who just got inside after closing the gates.

jaehyun shrugged and sat down at sofa.

donghyuck continued to sob, letting it all out. ❝hyung, he was there.❞ taeyong just nodded nd patted the younger's back ❝he was looking at me, i wanted to hug him. i wanted to run towards him and tell him that i'm sorry.❞ donghyuck tightened his hug and sobbed even more ❝but hyung, i didn't move.

taeyong thought that it's best to say silent and listen. he had the urge to tell his brother about how stupid he was for not doing it, but it might worsen the situation.

i miss him..

t b c