≪34≫

<Aya's POV>

I woke up in unfamiliar room and looked around. Where am I...?

"Aya chan?" I looked around to see the person whom the voice belonged to.

"Haruya san!?" I jolted up on the bed. But this was not his room. Wait a minute, I do recognize this room. It is of Hagiyama!

"I fell asleep in the car and... where is Hagiyama? I, I mean Akito," I corrected as everyone here was Hagiyama. He chuckled down at me. "Don't worry about him. He will be back soon," he said and he felt for my forehead. "You are feverish. You should take some rest," he said with concern.

"Wait, what is going on?" I sat up and he shrugged. "I don't really know either. He just told me to take care of you. It was surprising he came to talk with me by himself after all these time," he said. "Hagiyama did...?"

"Yeah and I'm sure it is something to do with you. And by the way, did you find something on Minami's part? You were to go to her place yesterday, right?" He asked and I face palmed myself. I had completely forgotten to inform the main person at the first place!

I composed myself and told him everything about Minami chan and also the incident about him finding out my duel identity.

"When he snatched that ring away from you, I think I know why he did it," he said. I wasn't expecting to hear anything behind that part. "Why...?" I asked out of curiosity.

"He was 4 when he got that ring from father. It was a promise ring of father before he got engaged with mother. Akito was very fond of that ring so father gave it to him when he promised he would keep it safe. It was just that at the beginning. But he lost people to whom he gave that ring to," as he said I remembered the picture of Minami chan in the *Saidan.

*Saidan = alter. Where people keep the picture of deceased with other stuffs.

"Minami chan?"

"Actually she is not the first person he gave that ring to,"

"Eh...!?"

"We had another brother. He was Akito's twin. He was older than Akito by two minutes but he had weak health state. You could tell that from our names. *Our oldest sister, Fuyuko, me - Haruya, Akito and his twin was Natsuo. Even though it is not in order, we were named after seasons."

*Fuyu - winter (Fuyuko), Haru - spring (Haruya), Aki - autumn (Akito), Natsu - summer (Natsuo)

I remained speechless as I listened to him.

"So I was saying, when Natsuo was suffering from pneumonia, he was also diagnosed with liver failure. His body was really weak ever since his birth. And few months before his unsuccessful operation, Akito had given him that ring as a good luck. And as for Minami chan, he must have given it to her because he trusted her and for her good luck, and after yesterday, he found out that she died few days after that, he must have felt that ring brought death to whoever he would give it," he said and sighed.

"I didn't know that. I reacted so terribly to him," I said with guilt. Gosh, I should have remained calm!

"Don't worry about it, you didn't know. And don't tell him about what I told you right now. I just didn't want you to have any misunderstanding of him so I decided to tell you but I don't think he would like you to know his dark sides without his consent. So just pretend you don't know anything about it until he tells it himself," I nodded and promised him about it. "This will stay between us," I said reassuringly.

"By the way what time is it?" I said looking around in the room for a clock. "Don't worry, I called your home that you are staying here tonight," he said with a chuckle.