≪36≫

"Mira chan, lets go in the backyard," I called out for her while she stared at me in confusion. We used to eat together but we didn't talk much, it was just us being together without much words. We just discussed about homework or something like that. We just always used to go to the ground corner where there were lot more people around. But this was unusual to select new place and backyard was somehow not much popular place to hangout during recess so there was not much people around. 

"Yeah, sure," she said rather awkwardly. "How come you wanted to come here today?" She said opening her lunch box. "I wanted to talk to you, properly," I started. "About...?" She looked quite intimidated.

"About what you should have asked me instead of following," as I said, she dropped her chopsticks on the ground. "Y-You knew...? Since when...?" I wasn't expecting her to admit it so quickly. "Don't worry, I'm not trying to accuse you or something, I am not angry with you. Actually, I am guilty," when I said, she was taken aback. "Why would you be guilty?" She inquired.

"Actually, it was me who cant tell everything about myself. I was actually avoiding myself to make any close friends to begin with. You still stayed with me even though we are in this awkward friendship. Isn't it funny? We are together but we are not close, and most of it is my fault," as I said, I noticed her eyes go wide.

"Actually, it is not just you. You were avoiding other rich people too, weren't you? I was just doing the same and I too was avoiding to be close with anyone. We both were perfect for each other to avoid other people around," she said with sad face.

"You too have your reasons why you cant tell everything about yourself, isn't it?" as I said, she looked surprised. "Eh...? 'Too'...?"

"I will tell you more about myself when I will be able to. For now, I cant tell everything, but let me just tell you one thing. I had to apologize to you, I thought of you as hard to get along with,"

"N-No, why are you apologizing? I must be the one who should be apologizing... For trying to use you..." She said with barely audible voice. "Use me...?" I said out in confusion. "You mean with Hagiyama?" I asked and she nodded with guilty look after few seconds.

"Its okay if you don't want to tell everything right away. I do have secrets of my own too and..." I started when she seemed uncomfortable to start talking but she interrupted me. "No, I always felt guilty towards you and this is the best chance to tell you everything I guess. Would you hear me out?" She said and I gladly nodded. "Sure, and here, I have finished mine. That's if you don't mind sharing it," I said handing her my chopsticks. "Thank you, you eat really quick," she said with genuine smile.

"Where should I start from? Actually, I never wanted to get close with any rich people around. Actually, I'm not from that of high class family. My mother was once a servant in a millionaire's place. And there is long story, and in short, my sister once crossed path with Hagiyama san. Because of him, my sister didn't get to go to the university she wanted,"

I lost words for the unexpected story behind the everything. "Wait, but you told me..."

"Yeah, I didn't want you to get scared of me that I was somehow related with bad part of Hagiyama san. At first look, I had a feeling it wont be that bad to befriend you but I had to keep distance at the same time. But I didn't want to scare you away so I lied," she said and paused before starting again.

"At first, I had no such plan on using you or any of that. I just didn't want to be completely alone, but didn't want to get too close either. It was just then I noticed you meeting with that wheelchair guy, and later I came to know there was something between you and Hagiyama san. I thought this must be a chance to take revenge for my sister. I never thought exactly what to do, but I got close with Hagiyama san, using your information. B-But I did feel guilty doing that!" She quickly added.

"I tried to help you too. Once, the day you got the trash dumped on you, I felt sorry. I took your dirty uniform so I would dry clean and then return it to you later, but when I was about to go out, I saw Hagiyama san coming in so I hid in toilet that time. I was thinking of getting your jersey at that time, but I thought it was too late. If he had done something to you at that time, I could never forgive myself. I'm sorry for that time, also sorry I couldn't get to return it up until now," she apologized genuinely.

"So that was you...?" I said out in surprise. I never rethought about that incident. In fact, I had completely forgotten about that one set of my missing uniform. Wait a minute... "You mean you took the underwear too...?" I asked gingerly. "Um, I didn't check they were kept with the uniform, I realized that later. I just gave those for dry cleaning too, don't worry!" She said with assuring smile. Um, no, that's what I would worry. That is so embarrassing! But I couldn't get angry, instead it made me chuckle.

"Now that I told you about it, I will return it to you tomorrow," she informed and I nodded.

"So apart of that, I thought many ways how to revenge Hagiyama san. I noticed how he became so fond of you. I think I knew one of his weak point, and that was you. I thought about it several times what to do. And few days ago, I planned of using you. But then, I didn't want you to get hurt in the process so I somehow managed to pretend to be Nakanishimatsu Aya on call and made sure they wont harm you in any way. That kidnapping of you few days ago was because of me, I'm sorry. I didn't even know she was in Australia," she said. I gulped as I realized she told so much but I wasn't able to tell single thing about myself.

"I really feel bad for what I did to you. At first, I wasn't bother much, but do you remember when I snapped at you one day? It was something of you not telling your secret, I just kind of wanted to know what would you do after that. I thought you would just forget about me completely and go with someone else. You didn't bother with me much either after that but you didn't hang out with anyone else either. I wished to make things better but I felt like I didn't have that right and I didn't know how so I just shortly apologized and you actually just let it go. We were never that close but we just kind of were together and I was okay with that but I was scared you might leave me and I would be completely alone. I was so selfish and I was so scared to admit it to you. I was such a coward," she said in shaking voice.

"You are not coward, Mira chan," I said reassuringly. "Even I hid many things from you too. And you are telling me everything. I'm sorry, I want to tell you so much but some life depends upon my secret so now is not the time I can tell you about it. But I will promise I will tell you one day," as I said the part 'some life depends upon my secret', she dropped my chopsticks too. Well, she was almost done though.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she quickly picked up the chopsticks and handed me back sheepishly. "I didn't know it was so deep. I don't know how you're handling a secret that's a matter of life and death," she looked really scared and worried. I think that was a bit too much exaggerated. No one is going to die with my secret revealed... Now I feel even more terrible.

"Not that deep, but someone's life can get ruined with this that's why," I corrected hoping her fear would get less. She still had that worried look. 

I felt glad I could finally get someone to be open to. And it is very odd to say, it is actually because of Hagiyama.

. * . * . * .

Hi guys!!! It's taking really long but please bear with me until I complete this story and I will anyhow complete it! Thank you so much for reading!

I love you all 💕

~snickers