≪48≫

"What!? Arakawa san left!?" I said out in disbelief. Mom didn't seem to be much affected by the fact. In fact, she seemed like she knew this was coming. "Well, that was like couple of weeks ago. Why are you realizing it just now?" Mom said while she was stitching on her new work. I had came to her working room after being curious why Arakawa san wasn't coming for a long time. Last time when she called personal makeup artist, it was someone else. And Arakawa san used to sometime visit us because she was quite close to us. 

It had stopped completely for a while and I finally started to wonder about it. And I get to know she had left about couple of weeks back and I had no idea!

"I thought you knew about it. I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you about it," mom said while she still did her work. I just nodded and decided to ask about it to dad instead. He was helping with the problem she was having, he might know something. 

When I could finally talk to dad, he finally revealed what was going on. 

"So she had told you everything," he said quietly. I just didn't tell the part about her telling me about the marriage talk, and told the rest. Well, he knew that already but now he knew that I also knew about that. 

"Well, this might be little hard to understand for you. But we found out that her husband was on huge loan and he got loans from bad places. Later they seized the house because of his loan and he had given that address as his own so Arakawa san got taken out of there too. We looked into the matter and it was clear that the house was on Arakawa san's name. And it was quite clear that he no longer lived there and had nothing to do with the place. They returned the place to her. Till here, I helped her out. 

Later, she had sent me a letter for thanking everything about it and she had mentioned that she no longer wanted to live in the house which only reminded of her bad memories. She also said her parents living in village is sick and it was a good timing for her to sell the place away and go back to her home. But don't worry, she didn't go forever. She has taken break from everything for now, but she said she will come back on working again. I don't know when will that be, but let's just hope it's soon enough," he said and I sighed out of relief. "I hope her parents are doing well. And hope so too, for her to come back soon," I said agreeing with him. 

Just as I thought, not everything just goes good. But it was a good thing that she got her problem solved. But it must have been hard for her for leaving the place forever which might even hold good memories for her. 

Few years later~

I looked in the mirror, straightening my uniform for the last time. I was very nervous and scared at the same time. "Aya! It's time, we should leave now," mom called me from downstairs. "Yes! Coming!" I answered and grabbed my almost empty bag and rushed down. 

"You're all grown up now," mom said and gave long sad look on me. A tear escaped her eyes. "Mom, it is not even started yet and you're crying already! Get yourself together," I said holding her hand. "Yes yes," she said wiping her tears and we went to the car. 

"Congratulations, Ojousama," Higata san greeted as I was going in. "Thank you so much," I said with smile and settled in. 

More we were closer to school, more nervous I got. But little did my mom knew, it was not only the graduation that was making me nervous. My phone pinged and I checked to see Akito's text. "I'll be there" it said. I smiled to myself and replied with "I'll be waiting" and kept it away. 

I looked back to those days where that anti bully program we suddenly started. It went wrong on so many occasions, but we still stood up for the good cause. I was proud that I was part of it to start such a thing.