≪47≫

I spread out the little note where I noted the point for my speech. I took a breath before starting.

"Good morning everyone. For now, I wont tell you my full name, but I'd like you all to listen to me till the very end. Getting admission in this Sakuragaoka High School was like a dream to me. I was looking forward to enter into this school. But my father forbade me to do so. He had his reasons, but being a rebel, I secretly took exam for scholarship. 

Even though I could get into this school with full payment, I studied hard just to get into this school. And because of my hard work, I got to study for free of payment. I of course got scolding for that from my father. But we thought we could use this for something good. So we came up with the anti bullying program. None of you were aware of this, because that was the whole point of the program. 

I came to know about a person who was getting bullied. At first, I just wanted to help him out. While doing so, I became next target. Why was I a target? Because I tried to defend the one who was being bullied, and also because I join this school by scholarship and apparently by being poor. 

Some students told me, I didn't deserve to be in this school because I wasn't paying for it. But did you work for the money that is being paid for you to attend this school? Did you earn the money to pay for yourself? You're just sitting on your parents money and you think you're better than everyone else. Even my parents are rich enough to get me admission to ten such schools, but despite of that, I worked hard myself and earned my way to this school with efforts. 

And I am not telling this to all of you, because I know not everyone of you are bullies. I made precious friends here as well, whom I wouldn't have found if I joined the school looking like this. They didn't judge me on how I look, they didn't befriend me for my status. They befriended me by accepting the actual me. I was happy when you had reserved seat for me, Mira chan and Yukie chan, I am really glad to have found friends like you. 

As for the bullies, there is going to be special betterment lecture conducted for you. I remember most of the faces who had been bully and you will get personal message regarding the lecture. If you wont attend, you will be expelled from the school no matter how much you pay. This is all being done to make this school free from bully. It might not sound good to you all because some students who bully might not get into this lecture, but this is a step forward to reduce bully. I hope you all corporate and take a step toward betterment of our school. 

This was my first time speaking in front of so many people so I was very nervous. Well, I'm concluding my speech here. This was Nakanishimatsu Aya, I had joined the school as Matsuzaka Aya. I will continue the school with my real identity from now on. Thank you for listening," I concluded my speech despite of getting loud gasps every now and then. I bowed deep down before looking back up and walking back to where I stood before. 

I looked at Mira chan and Yukie chan's way and just as I had imagined, they had shock written all over their faces. And it was not just them, almost every student who listened carefully had the same expression. I could see some girl crying and I recognized the bullies among them. 

'Serves you right!' I shouted internally proudly. 

"So as you have heard in the special assembly today morning, she will be in class as her real name, Nakanishimatsu Aya," our homeroom teacher announced which was really not necessary. Everyone clapped for me as if it was a show and I internally cursed those who were trying to act nice, because I had already seen their real faces. 

They will be sent to the lecture in couple of days, and it will be the steps towards betterment, I reminded myself and composed smile on my face. I had entered class late as I walked out of auditorium after all the students were gone and I greeted the teachers as Nakanishimatsu Aya. I felt like I was some transfer student.