14 - HMS Victory 1765

The short story  posted here is dedicated to Xianrha Zhalette. Thank you for helping me during the muting days!

14 – HMS Victory 1765

"Zhalette, what is your favorite about the earth?" James asked me.

"Laugher, the best medicine." Tipid na sagot ko.

Saglit na lumingon sa akin ang nurse na nag-aayos ng aking dextrose.

"I've been laughing in my whole life, pero hindi pa rin ako gumagaling James."

"Hey babe," hinawakan nito ang aking mga kamay.

Nagpaalam na sa amin ang nurse na siyang tinanguhan namin ni James. Halos dalawang taon na akong nakatigil sa hospital, pero wala na, hindi na talaga kaya ng aking katawan.

Tinaningan na ng mga doctor ang buhay ko. I can also feel it, hinang-hina na ako.

Gusto kong bumitaw at manatili, pero hindi lang ako naaawa sa sarili ko. James had been suffering for years, kailangan ko na siyang palayain, kailangan niya nang magpatuloy sa panibagong buhay na wala ako.

"You know, I will never regret meeting you in past or in the present. Kahit paulit-ulit akong nasasaktan, Zhalette. Paulit-ulit kitang mamahalin." Kusa nang tumulo ang aking mga luha nang ilagay niya sa kanyang pisngi ang palad ko.

"Kahit paulit-ulit mo akong iniiwan, I will never get tired of loving you. Ikaw lang Zharette, sa aking nakaraan at sa aking kasalukuyan." Ilang beses nitong hinalikan ang kamay ko.

"It's just hard to accept that I can always cherish you in the past, present but never in future. Isama mo na lang kaya ako?"

"I don't like that. Ipangako mo sa akin na magmamahal ka ulit James, you're still young and too handsome. Have some kids and be happy, you deserve a family. Bagay na paulit-ulit kong ipinagkakait sa'yo." Ilang beses siyang umiling sa mga sinasabi ko.

"How can I be happy if you're going to leave me?"

"It's our fate, a circle of painful fate."

Time travel through a certain sunflower girl didn't surprise me. I got a friend and she told me everything. Not unlike the surprise girls, nanatili akong kalmado.

I just let myself stare on the vast ocean while riding a certain ship. My friend told me that I'll be meeting a prince charming and we'll have a tragic ending.

Hindi ako naghintay ng matagal.

A handsome guy offered me a glass of wine.

"Red wine for a pretty woman," tinanggap ko ang baso at mabilis ko itong inubos at ibinalik sa kanya.

He's a bit surprised.

"What is your name?"

"Zhalette and you are?"

"James," inabot nito ang kamay ko at dinala niya sa kanyang mga labi.

I just stared at him. Who'll end up dead? My friend told me na maraming beses na lalaki ang mamamatay.

But maybe, I'll to save him this time.

"Have we met before?" I made a lying question.

"Oh, that's why you're familiar. You're the prettiest among those girls last time."

"Liar, I haven't seen you before."

Sabay kaming natawa sa isa't-isa. The travel on board was two weeks. We chatted turned into dates and ended on bed.

It was just a short chase, because love isn't just about the long way track but the unseen bridge between the lover's hearts.

But what made me love the history? I saved someone, I saved the love of my life.

My identity on board, the Zharette from the past was a killer and she was tasked to kill the certain one on board. And it's him, James.

She was tasked by the competing family of James, I was surprised how skilled I was during the past. Na kaya kong humawak ng baril at nagagaya ng katawan ko ang hindi kayang gawin ng kasalukuyang katawan ko.

Their plans backfired.

Dahil ako mismo ang sunod-sunod na pumatay sa kanila, bago sila makarating sa pang-pang at gumawa ng hakbang para patayin ang lalaking mahal ko.

I killed numbers of men silently, throwing their dead bodies on the ocean. But my last kill wasn't successful.

I was shot on my chest, huli na bago ako nakita ni James. I didn't even hear his words before I died.

But what I felt was satisfying. A kiss from a true love.

Hawak ko na ang panyong ibinigay sa akin ng batang babae, bago ako tuluyang nakatawid sa nakaraan.

I wanted to thank her for showing me the past, hindi man maganda ang katapusan nito. Nagawa ko ang bagay na siyang makapagpapasaya sa akin.

At least, once I saved Jame's life.

Dahan-dahan ko nang inabot sa kanya ang panyo.

"This is the only thing that I can give to you. Take care of this babe." Ang bagay na ito ang tumulong sa akin para una kitang makilala.

You were handsome from the past and even better in the present.

"What about you, James? What is your favorite part of the earth?"

"It's you, it's you Zhalette. Wala nang iba pa." I smiled.

I hope he'd find someone that can love him beyond my love for him. Ito nga siguro ang kapalit ng kasaysayang binago ko, the half of my life.

"Tabihan mo muna ako James," sumunod ito sa akin.

Humiga sa tabi ko si James at marahan niya akong niyakap. Kapwa kami tumitig sa punong nasa labas.

It was like the beautiful story of the last leaf. The girl resembled herself to the tree with numbers of leaf falling day by day.

But in the end, she survived. Bagay na sobrang imposible sa akin.

"I love you," bulong nito sa akin.

"Mahal rin kita James, kung saan man ako dalhin ngayon. It will always be you."

"Allow me to tell you story," tumango ako sa kanya.

"Long ago and far away, there was a rich gentleman travelling across the different countries."

"Why travel?"

"He's searching for the lost lady, his fiancée that was abducted several years ago. The abductor assumed that the woman will grow like her mother, the mother of the gentleman's fiancé was a beautiful scarlet assassin. Wala pang nabubuhay na lalaki sa kamay niya, not when she fell for her husband. Kaya they assumed that maybe in the future, they'll use the daughter."

The story seems familiar, nagsisimula nang tumulo ang luha ko.

"Before their daughter was born she was already tied with a four year old boy. The little boy was enthusiastic with the idea that he'll have his playmate. Pero nanakaw ang batang babae."

"James.." humigpit ang yakap niya sa akin.

"The little boy grew up and yes, aside from his success for business. He's actually travelling to look for his fiancé. And yes, through his power and influence he got the information about his fiancé. Dito niya nalaman na nagtagumpay ang dumukot sa batang babae, they made her the most beautiful assassin."

"James.." pilit na akong humarap sa kanya.

Hinawakan niya ang magkabilang pisngi ko at hinalikan niya ang mga labi ko.

"I've been looking for you, love. That was my last words."

--

VentreCanard