Chapter 72

The short story is dedicated to Learene Garambas. Thank you for helping me during the muting days!

Chapter 72

"Come on, bilisan mo Learene!" Claire grabbed my hand and pulled me into the ocean of people swarming around the entrance of the huge ship.

We actually have the tickets for the entrance pass. But since it's a general pass, it would be hard for us to pick an ideal spot to stay for the entire journey.

Maybe it's a great opportunity to ride in this famous and unfathomable ship. Many people dreamed of being onboard on it, and Claire and I are one of those people.

It is just that we are in the lower class. It's too impossible for us to experience a wonderful accommodation which we really wished the moment our eyes laid on the ship.

"Ito na nga, 'di ba?" sigaw ko sa kanya.

Halos matanggal na iyong braso ko sa katawan ko dahil sa malakas na paghila sa akin ni Claire, pero higit pa rin malakas iyong pwersa ng maraming tao na nag-uunahan din makarating sa entrance ng barko.

The lower-class were struggling for their life, strength, and happiness in their way to the ship. We looked helpless and pathetic in the eyes of the upper-class, but that didn't stop our excitement.

Our little happiness might be different from them, and it could be shallow to their eyes, but these little things, no matter how awful and pitiful it looks to them, it won't make us a lower individual-- a better human.

It's better to be wild in the jungle full of real happiness and adventure that would make you grow, than to be prim and proper in the castle made of artificial materials that would give you fake happiness.

I smirked at the upper-class men above the deck. Kung ipapanganak akong muli, hinding-hindi ako sasali sa kanila!

Sabay kaming napasigaw ni Claire nang makapasok na kami sa barko. We hugged each other in excitement while jumping together.

"We made it!"

Claire and I were known for our silly tricks and adventures in our province, dahil alam naman namin na hind inga kami magkakaroon ng pagkakataon makapunta sa taas at makatikim ng masasarap na pagkain, nakagawa na kami ng plano.

We prepared our dresses. Hiniram namin iyon sa mga kaibigan namin na nagtatanghal na umiikot sa bawat mga bayan. Dahil drama ng mayayaman ang ginaganap sa tanghalan, naging madali na sa amin pumili.

And that's the beginning of our journey.

Claire and I successfully infiltrated the famous world of the upper-class. Ang mga taong akala nila ay nasa kanila na ang lahat. But I never considered them as human, karamihan sa kanila ay masasama ang ugali.

Abala na kami ng pinsan ko sa pagtikim ng iba't ibang pagkain. Halos magkahiwalay na nga kami. I tried to call her, pero itinigil ko na rin dahil alam kong abala na siya sa pagtitingin ng magagandang halaman nagkalat.

She loves grooming different plants.

"So, how's the foods?"

Halos mapatalon ako sa lalaking nakaposturang tumabi sa akin. Pinilit ko ang sarili kong hindi ngumiwi sa kanya. I hate all of them.

"It's good."

Tumango siya. Hindi ko gustong makipag-usap sa kanya, akma na akong hahakbang papalayo nang maramdaman ko ang braso niyang pa-simpleng humablot sa akin at hinila niya ako papalapit sa kanya.

"Tell me your name."

"Bitawan mo 'ko..."

"Tell me your name or else... I'll reveal you and your friend—" nanlaki ang mga mata ko. He knew! Paano? Halata na ba kami?

Were we that obvious?

"L-Learene..."

And then, he smiled. He formally bowed his head and he quickly held my hand, my heart leaped unusually when I felt his lips on the back of my hand.

"Welcome aboard, I've been waiting for you... I am the Captain of this ship..."

Umawang ang bibig ko at marahas kong inagaw sa kanya ang kamay ko.

"I guess, it's me who can still remember our past, my love... I'll help you remember me..."

And with those words, it wasn't just my hand that felt his lips, suddenly my brain turned fuzzy, and series of familiar memories flashed on my mind. A single tear fell on my cheeks.

"S-Samuel..."

"I am, my love..."