F I F T Y - N I N E

"Fiancée? I'm not engaged. We're not engaged."

Becky shakes her head. "Look at your hand," Dean says putting Emery on the bed. Becky looks down at her right hand, then left. There she saw it. The ring that Dean gave her a year ago.

"That's not mine," she says about to take it off. "Don't," Dean calls, making her stop. "Why?"

 It'll crush him. If she does that, he'll never feel the same about her. She'll just be another broken memory caused by him. She needs to keep that ring on. No matter what happened and happens, she has to keep that ring on.

"Just, for you're own good," for his own good. "Keep it on." She looked at him, a bit frightened, but slipped it back on. She looks over at the bed, to see Emery sound asleep. She scoffs softly. "What, are you gonna tell me she's mine?" "We have a winner," Dean mumbles. "Why do you keep lying to me? How do I even know your name really is Jonathan? What if you're some guy who wants to come hurt me?"

As if on cue, Dr. Marcus came in the room. "Well, I've seen that the two of you have met," he smiles. "Who is he, Dr. Marcus?" "So you know his name, but not mine? What if he's lying about being a real doctor?" Dean mocked. Dr. Marcus gave Dean a look, telling him to stop and be nice. He rolled his eyes and put a bag on the bed. 

"These are for you. Clothes. Alexa picked them out," Dean says. "Alexa?" Becky asked. "One of you're best friends," he says picking Emery off the bed. "We'll be outside. Just come out when you're ready," he says slipping out of Dr. Marcus's way and walking over to the front desk to sign her out.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked as Dean drove down the highway. "School," he simply says. "I'm not a teenager. Wouldn't that be illegal if I was a teenager and we're engaged?" She says. Dean silently laughs to himself. "First, you're 37 years old, and I'm 38. There's nothing illegal about that," he says. "Second, I'm not taking you to school. I have to pick up the twins," he says.

"Twins? You have twins?" She asked shocked. Dean chuckled. "We have twins. Boy and a girl. Mason and Makenna," Dean explained, taking an exit. "But it's only 11:30," she says looking at the radio station on the car. "Half day. Wednesdays," he simply says. "Just when you see them, act like you know and remember them. I'll tell them about you when we get home. But for now, just pretend, alright?" He says not looking at her. She nodded.

The car ride was pretty silent for the most part, besides the wind blowing through the window. "Do you want me to talk to them first?" Becky asks softly. Dean shakes his head. "Give 'em some time. They won't understand at first, alright?" He says looking at her, then back at the road. She looks at him and nods back.

Dean pulled up in the parking and took off his seatbelt. "C'mon," he said. She shook her head. "Can I stay here?" She asks softly. Dean shook his head. "I can't leave you here by yourself," he says getting out the car. "Are you ever reasonable?" She huffed taking off her seatbelt. "Will you ever stop being a little brat?" Dean rolled his eyes taking Emery out of the car, making Becky frown in response.

"Let's go," he said closing the door, putting Emery over his shoulder. She leaned against the car and shook her head. "Becks, I can't leave you here. If you weren't hurt, I wouldn't have a problem with it," he huffed. "I don't care. Like you said, I'm grown. I think I'll be able to take care of myself," she said.

Dean sighed loudly in frustration. "Are you ever reasonable?" He mocked her again. "You can stop mocking me," she crossed her arms across her chest. "But it's too fun," he smirked at her, getting an eye roll in response. He knew, even with her memory gone, he could never win in a fight with her. He took the car keys out his pocket and tossed it at her, which she caught with her right hand.

"Stay in the car and don't get out. I'll be out in less than ten," he said. She shrugged and opened the car door. "Brat," he mumbled under his breath before walking to the school doors.

764 words

HEYYY! So this chapter is kind of short, but not as well. This was the first time the interacted with each other, and they seem to hate each other, right?

 Like I said, the book is going to go by really slowly. Well, through the pregnancy. Once Becky has the baby, things will start to pick up a bit faster.

I also changed the cover! Thanks to gunsiuck for the tutorial! Here it is:

Well, tomorrow's the last day and I'll make sure to show you guys pictures so check out my rant book either tomorrow or Saturday

Love you all!

~Chelsea💜💜