S E V E N T Y - S I X

A week after the baby shower, Becky hadn't been the same. She was quiet, less quiet than usual, and it was scaring Dean a bit.

"Becks," Dean says for the third time, trying to get her attention. She looked at him. "Yeah. I'm fine," she says. "How'd you know if I was going to ask you if you were fine or not?" He asked. She shook her head. "Because I thought you were."

"Can you look at me, please?" He asks. She shakes her head. "I can't look at you," she says. "You have to. I need to see your beautiful face," he says. Becky stood up from the family room and walked away from Dean. Dean sighed as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Daddy?" He heard, making him look at who was calling him. Makenna. "Yeah, baby?" He asked. "Why is mommy sad?" She asked. Dean sighs as he picks up her up and puts her on his lap. "I'm not sure, princess," he says. "You know mommy is still kinda sick and doesn't remember a lot of stuff," he says, making Makenna nod.

"But don't worry about it, alright?" He said. "Will mommy be better again?" She asked. Dean nodded. "I promise. It'll take some time, but she'll get better," he kisses her forehead. She smiles and hugs him. "I love you, daddy," she says. He smiles back and hugs. "I love you too, baby."

Makenna gets off of Dean and he walks up the stairs, walking past their bedroom, not seeing her there. He continued to walk and saw her in Emery's room, standing over Emery's crib. He watched her pick her up and sit in the rocking chair.

"I really miss you, Em," she whispers. "And I don't wanna tell daddy because he's gonna make me do something that I don't wanna do," she looks down at her sleeping daughter. "You probably have no idea what I'm talking about," she softly laughs. "But I love you, Em," she kisses her forehead. "I'll always love you. Even if I don't remember everything from I knew I was pregnant with you, or when I gave birth to you, or even your first birthday," she whispers.

"She loves you too," she heard. She turned her head and looked at Dean leaning against the door. "And I love you, too," he says walking up to her. She closes her eyes and looks back at Dean. "I can't stop thinking about what Riley said, Jon," she whispers. "And I-I know you told me not to worry about it," she pauses. "But I can't."

Dean sighs as he takes Emery off of Becky and puts her back in her crib. He takes her hand, pulling her off the chair. He sat down on the chair and put Becky on his lap. "I'm scared," she whispered as tears fell. "I'm scared something's gonna happen to our son," she said. "Like," she sniffs. "What if she actually does something to me and it affects him or what if when I go into labor and something else happens?"

"You wanna know something?" He whispers. She sniffs and nods. "A couple hours before you went into labor with Emery, you acted the very same way you were," he says rubbing her belly gently. "You told me that you couldn't give birth to her because you were scared. You were scared that something was going to happen to one of you, but look at what happened," he points over at the crib. "You gave birth to my daughter. Our daughter who I'm so grateful for."

He looked at her, as she was playing with her wedding ring. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you or our son. And this," he lifts up her left hand. "Is my promise to you." She exhaled and nodded, turning her head to face him. "You said you wanted to see my face," she smiled.

He smiled back. "Your beautiful, sexy face," he kisses her cheek. She laughs softly. "I love you," she whispers. He kisses her shoulder and places his chin on it. "I love you more."

690 words

HEYY!! Sorry for the wait. To be honest, I don't know what this chapter is. I just kind of winged it. Sorry if it sucked ass.

I think I might do a time skip to when Becky has to give birth to the baby because I literally have no ideas for what's going to happen between now and when she gives birth. But after she gives birth, there will be so much shit that goes down! So, let me know if you want me to do that.

But yeah! I hope you guys liked this chapter! Next one will be up soon!

~Love you all!!

~Chelsea💜💜