Soldier

"Breaking up with me!? Why? We still can be together" demi said with tears in her eyes.

" we can't demi. I don't want to hold you back" Odell said looking at Demi.

He didn't want to see demi cry, he didn't want to break her heart but he was leaving off for the army and Odell didn't want her waiting around for him.

"You're not going to hold me back. Odell please don't do this" demi cried.

Odell pulled Demi in for a hug holding her tight. Demi held onto him as she cried her eyes out. Odell was demi first everything and it killed her to know that he was breaking up on her.

"Don't go please" she cried.

"Demi I leave tonight" he said.

Demi pulled her boyfriend... well her ex down for a long kiss.

"I love you so much Odell . Stay safe please" she said.

///////

1 year later

Odell was finally back home after being discharged from the army when he was shot 3 times and almost burned alive. He was in the hospital for almost 3 months healing. Odell had been out all day picking up a few things for his new apartment. His thought he didn't need his own apartment since he was only 20 but he wanted to experience on his own.

"Aiden sit down" demi said to her one year old son.

"That. Mommy, that" he said pointing at the toy.

"You have a bunch of toys already" demi Said.

Aiden wasn't satisfied. If he couldn't get the toy he wanted then he wasn't going to sit down in the cart. Aiden stood up in the seat trying to climb out the cart.

" I swear you're so hardheaded" demi said letting Aiden down.

Demi held his hand as they walked down aisle. Demi stopped right in her tracks when she seen Odell at the end of the aisle. She stood there froze not knowing what to do, the person that had half her heart stood right in front of her.

"Dada" Aiden said pointing towards Odell . He knew that guy, that was the same person his mom showed him.

Aiden was a smart baby. Demi was surprised when Aiden took off running down the aisle.

"Aiden!" Demi shouted.

"Woah" Odell said when he felt something crash into his legs.

Odell bend down picking the little boy. He looked up seeing Demi he was shocked at first.  Odell looked at demi then at the little boy in his arms.

"Dada!" Aiden said looking at Odell.

The more Odell stared at the little boy the more he seen himself in him.

"T-this my son?" Odell asked still looking at the little boy.

" i wanted to tell you but I had no way in contacting you" demi said feeling the tears form in her eyes.

"hey don't cry tinker bell" Odell said.

Demi heart bursted when Odell called her the old nick name he gave her back in middle school. A name he always used to use.

" I missed you so much" demi cried.

"Mommy sad" Aiden said to Odell pointing at his mom.

Odell's pulled demi into a hug kissing the top of her head. He had so much catching up to do with his son and demi, hoping that she haven't moved on.

/////

"He's so hyper" Odell said as he watched his son sleep in his arms.

"Yeah he's a ball of energy" demi said smiling at Odell and their son.

"How long are you down here for?" She asked.

"I'm not going back. Got shot 3 times and almost burnt alive" Odell said lifting up his shirt showing demi the nasty burn that covered his side.

"Oh my god baby. I mean Odell"

"It's healing up pretty well.

"When is his birthday? Is he allergic to anything?" Odell asked.

" I actually had him the day after my birthday. I guess In some sort of way he was my birthday gift from you.....if that make sense. And he's allergic to staying in one spot, the boy never stay still" demi rambled.

"right after yours? Damn that's work for me" Odell laughed.

"I-if you want you can take him for a few days. At first I thought he'll need time to warm up to you but I guess not"

"Um I just got a new apartment and I still haven't unpacked. And I don't want him getting into a lot of things that isn't baby proof. But could I take him to go see my parents?" Odell asked.

" oh ok, well you can spend time with him over here until you're done with your apartment. And yeah sure go ahead" Demi said smiling at Odell.

"I can't believe I have a little family"

Odell looked over at demi before grabbing her hand with his free one.

" I know I broke your heart a year ago but Im sorry for that; I truly am. I couldn't stop thinking about you, I couldn't move on from you. I love you so Fucking much and now that this little bean is here I love the both of you....and if you'll give me another chance I'll like to prove myself" Odell said.

"No. You don't have to prove yourself baby, I love you too and I never stopped. I'm so glad that you're back because my love for you never died" demi Said before she leaned over kissing Odell's lips.