Soulmates

"Demetria!" Her dad shouted.

" yes dad?" Demi said walking inside the kitchen.

" go to the store and get me two packs of beer" he said.

"Dad it's raining outside" demi said.

"Do it look like I care! Go get them damn beers"

Demi ran out the kitchen quickly, grabbing her purse and shoes she walked out the house. Putting her hair up in a ponytail she started her walk to the store. Her dad was a big time alcoholic and that's one of the reasons why her mom left but demi always questioned why her mom didn't take her too.

"Hey joey" demi Said walking inside the store.

"What's up little lady"

" just grabbing my dad some beers" demi said grabbing two cases of beer.

"He's not putting his hands on you right?" Joey asked.

"Not Really, he just pushes me around and jack me up. But he yells a lot" demi said going up to the counter paying for the drinks.

"Well you be safe" he said before demi left out the store.

On her way back home demi felt that familiar burning sensation in her left arm. Pulling up her sleeve she seen a little smiley face on her wrist, Demi smiled at the drawing. It was her soulmate. The drawing started when Demi was 14, she didn't know what it was, it actually scared the shit out of her. But a bunch of people she talked to about it told her not to worry about that it was normal. His name is Odell, he's 3 years older than Demi, he told demi a lot about himself but he was a very busy person.

"Got your beers dad" demi said walking inside the house.

"Put them in them refrigerator" he yelled from his seat while sipping a four loko. Demi put the beers in the refrigerator before she went upstairs to her room, she made sure to lock her door before she went to find a marker. Demi always wrote back to Odell when she was away from her dad. He hated the whole soulmate thing, he thought Demi's mother was his soulmate but she wasn't that's why she left to go be with her actual soulmate, but again the same question cross her mind " why didn't her mother take her along with her?" Her dad ended up finding his soulmate but she denied him and everyone knows once your soulmate denies you the connection is broken. So now he just drink his poor life away while demi took care of everything in the house.

"Hi Odell" demi wrote on her arm.

"What's up baby girl?"

" I liked the little smiley face you drew on my wrist"  she wrote out with a smile.

" yeah some guy came in to get a tattoo and he wanted that on his forearm and for some reason it reminded me of you"

" that's so sweet of you"

" how's your day?" He asked.

" same usually day. But sadly I have work tomorrow" demi wrote with a sad face behind it.

" I know you hate your job but when we finally can be together I promise you won't have to work again"

" I don't hate my job, it's a get away from my dad( sometimes) but I don't like"

Demi heard her dad coming upstairs, she jumped off her bed unlocking the door before running towards her hiding spot in her closest knowing her dad was drunk and coming upstairs to start some shit with her. She could've kept the door locked but he'll just get mad and break it then she wouldn't have privacy.

" Demetria!" Her dad shouted.

"Demi? You still there?" Odell wrote when he didn't get a reply from his last message.

Demi left the marker on her bed so she couldn't write back. Her dad walked in her room spotting the marker on her bed.

"Writing that fucking boy again!? How about I just cut your damn arm off huh!? You better get your ass out her right Fucking now" he shouted.

Demi didn't move she stayed in her spot, she didn't want her dad to touch her. She kept quiet as she hid behind the boarded wall.