Texas baby

Demi was new in town, straight from Texas. Accent just as thick as her; she had shoulder length brown hair with pretty grey eyes. Demi didn't want to leave Texas where all her friends were but her dad got a really good job offer in New York. Of course she was excited that she finally got to go to New York but she wouldn't be returning home so she had to get used to this new life.

"Dad do I have to go to school tomorrow? Why can't I settle in first?" Demi complained.

" Demi I don't need your grades dropping. You don't know how these teachers are" Dwayne said.

Demi rolled her eyes before groaning; she really didn't want to go to school.

" come on cheer up please. I did this for us, I can finally start getting some stuff you actually want and I know prom with be the best day of your life princess" he said nudging Demi's leg.

" I'm trying"

///////

Demi was so glad she got everything done before the bell could ring. Now she won't be the last to arrive. Walking to her first period she quickly spoke to the teacher before grabbing a seat in the back where she felt comfortable at. Pulling out her phone she texted her friends back.

" excuse me you in my seat" Odell said.

" I'll move when the teacher say she gave out assigned seats" Demi said not even looking up.

" you trippin new girl" he laughed before taking the seat in front of her.

" you got a pencil?" Henry asked Demi.

" yes but you have to give me collateral" Demi said.

" collateral? The fuck is that?" He asked.

" you gotta give her something of yours and when you give her shit back she's going to give yours back" Odell explain.

" ohhh"

" he stupid as fuck, you gotta dummy things down for him. I swear he been in the same grade for 3 years now" Odell laughed.

" that's not funny maybe he's struggling and nobody is helping" Demi said.

" Ight cowgirl"

" you can take this" Henry said giving Demi a piece of paper.

Demi shook her head when she seen what was on the paper. The boy actually was dumb. The work was easy to Demi, back at home she had all ap classes but this school didn't have them which was weird.

" Odell since you stay talking in my class what's the final answer?" The teacher asked.

" ah.... ms. Clark you always putting me out there" Odell said.

" answer the question boy"

" 89" Demi whispered to him.

" umm. 89 right?" He said.

" yes 89" the teacher said before turning back to the board.

" ouuuu cowgirl smart. I like that, we need to be friends" Odell said.

" stop calling me cowgirl because that isn't my name" Demi said.

"What's yo name then? Because I need to know my friend's name"

" it's Demetria" she said.

" Odell" He said giving her a smile.

" well it's nice to meet you Odell" Demi said right before the bell rung.

" here's your pencil" Henry said smiling at Demi.

" and here's your number" Demi said before getting up from her seat.

Odell bust out laughing when Demi gave his number back. But his laughter didn't last long when he seen her from the back. The black shirt fitting her to the tea, showing off her curves and then those jeans.

" cowgirl got an ass. Damn!" Odell said.

" man I'll put a baby in that" Henry said.

" nigga you stupid she don't want you" Odell said getting up.

Demi looked at her schedule to see which class she had next.

" ugh. gym" she said.

Odell ended up catching up with Demi. Snatching her schedule out her hand to see her classes.

" yooooo, you got ever class with me except for 6th period" Odell said.

" that's rude! Don't snatch out my hand" Demi snapped taking her schedule back.

" damn I'm sorry" he said.

Demi ended up following him to the gym. Walking in it was a bunch of kids which made kinda nervous. She walked over to the teacher giving him her schedule so he could see that she was in his class.

" ok next time you have my class bring changing clothes but no shorts shorts ok?" Coach Steven said.

" yes sir" she said before she went to find somewhere to sit.

Walking up the stands she decided to sit over by the wall away from everyone. Pulling out her phone she looked at the snaps her friends posted, smiling when they all made a video saying they missed her.

"Damn who got you smiling like that? Yo nigga?" Odell asked.

" no, just my friends from back home" she said.

" you miss them huh?"

"Yeah I do" Demi mumbled.

" lemme make a video and send it to them" Odell said.

" why?" Demi chuckled.

" so I can let them know you good" Odell said.

Demi gave Odell her phone watching him carefully.

" yoooo whats good. I'm just letting y'all know this lil baby is fine with me, I'm taking good care of her" Odell said.

Kehlani snuck up behind Odell jumping in the video.

Demi laughed at the both of them being goofy.

"Yo what's good kel" Odell said clapping Kehlani up.

" nothing man, just vibin"

" that's the girl that got Henry ass?" Kehlani asked.

" hell yeah" Odell chuckled.

"I'm Demi" she said smiling.

" ouuu, you pretty girl. I'm Kehlani"

"Thank you" Demi said blushing.

" you blushing and shit" Odell said.

" oh hush" Demi said taking her phone back.

///////

" how was school princess? Dwayne asked.

" it was pretty good to be honest. I thought it was going to be like how it always be in those movies. The new kid getting picked on, but I made two new friends;Odell and Kehlani. They even sent A video to Angie, terry, and joy" Demi said.

"That's good. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, I start work tomorrow... think you can start catching the bus?" He asked.

" the bus?.......fine" she mumbled.