Hope, love, joy

Cancer.

Odell couldn't process that right in his head, His princess had cancer. His heart broke into a million pieces every time he thought of it. He wished so bad how he could just take her spot, he didn't want her going through any of that. Odell was in the hospital with his daughter 24/7 the only time he left was when he had serious meetings he actually had to be at.

" daddy could we go for a walk today?" Aliyah asked.

" yeah baby girl, let me just go get your nurse" Odell said getting out the bed.

Odell walked out the room going over to the desk.

" um hi could you page my daughter's nurse to the room?" Odell asked the older lady.

" yes no problem sir"

Odell walked back in the room seeing Aliyah on his phone.

" how did you unlock my phone little girl?" Odell asked.

" I know your password" she laughed.

" let's take pictures" Aliyah said.

Odell got back in the bed with his daughter and he was actually amazed when his daughter knew what icon to click on and how to take pictures.

" who taught you all this" he chuckled.

"Emi did" Aliyah smiled.

" Emi did what?" Demi said walking in right on cue.

" she said you taught her how to take pictures" Odell said.

" oh yeah.... I'm sorry if that's a problem" Demi said feeling bad.

Demi had a major crush on Odell,

" oh no it's fine, she's good at it" Odell said smiling at his doctor.

" oh Emi! Can I go for a walk?" Aliyah asked.

"I'm sorry princess but it's time for your treatment" Demi said.

" I never can go for a walk" Aliyah said pouting.

" baby girl don't pout please" Odell said rubbing her arm.

" Ali I promise I'll take you on a walk tomorrow" Demi said caressing her face.

/////

" is she getting any better?" Odell asked Demi.

"We really can't tell right now because she just started chemo. But don't worry she's definitely a tough girl" Demi smiled.

" I know she is but I don't want her to die" Odell said as tears started forming in his eyes.

" she's all I got, she's my reason to get up in the morning and if she dies then so does my heart" Odell cried.

"Oh hun" Demi said pulling Odell in for a hug.

" she's going to make it, yes it's gonna get tough but she's going to get through it" Demi said rubbing his bed.

Pulling out the hug Demi pulled Odell over to the bench to sit down.

" I had a daughter she was 4 just like Aliyah. She was my everything but one day I came home and she was dead, my boyfriend at the time choked her to death  just because she wouldn't stop crying about bed time. And your daughter reminds me of my little girl and it just makes me so happy to see her. So I'm telling you right now that I'll never give up on your daughter, I won't stop fighting until she's cancer free" Demi said.

" I'm sorry for your lost Demi..... and thank you for everything you've done so far" he said.

.......

"I'm ugly now" Aliyah cried.

" baby girl don't say that, you're beautiful" Odell said.

" no I'm not! I'm ugly!" The little girl said.

" I want my hair back" she sobbed.

"Aliyah you're still beautiful baby, nothing can change that. You still look like a princess to me" Demi said to Aliyah.

Aliyah laid against her dad and cried her eyes out until she felled asleep. Odell left to the store really quick while she was sleep, picking up a few things he needed.

Getting back to the hospital his daughter was eating her lunch and Demi was sitting with her.

" how you feeling baby girl?" Odell asked.

" ok" she mumbled.

" look baby.... I know you think you're going through this alone but you're not, daddy is right by you every set of the way" he said.

Odell pulled out the clippers he had just brought. Walking in the bathroom he started taking the clippers out.

" come on let's go see what daddy is doing" Demi said helping Aliyah out of the bed.

Odell looked at his hair one more time before turning on the clippers. Running it across his head he watched his hair fall into the sink. Odell shaved his head completely bald.

"I'll do anything for you Aliyah" Odell said.

Aliyah smiled at her dad, holding her arms out to him he picked her up carefully without yanking on her IV cord.

"Wait let me take a picture of you guys" Demi said pulling out her phone.

Later that night when Demi went home she decided to do the same, cutting all her hair off. She wanted to be there for Aliyah, part of her feel guilty because she wasn't there to protect her daughter the day she died.

////

"Emi! Your hair!" Aliyah said.

" I'll do anything for my favorite girl" Demi said smiling at her.

Aliyah patted the spot next to her so Demi could get in. Her dad wasn't here so she settled with cuddling with Demi.

" I love you Emi" Aliyah said.

Demi felt a pull in her heart when Aliyah said she loved her. Emi sounded like mommy and it just brought tears to Demi's eyes.

" Emi loves you too baby" Demi said kissing her forehead.

" I wish you were my mommy. Daddy said my real mommy left when I was 2" Aliyah said.

" I'll be happy to be a mother to such an amazing girl like you" Demi said.