Gift

"No it's ok you can play with them too" Gracie said.

" I Have a lot of toys and my mommy said it's always good to share" the 4 year old said.

Odell got up out of his chair when he heard his daughter talking. Walking across the hall he stuck his head in his daughter room seeing her playing with her toys on the rug.

" who you talking to princess?" Odell asked.

"My friend Charlie" she said.

"Who the hell is charlie?"

Odell wasn't on the paranormal shit, this was his second hearing his daughter talking to herself.

" he's my friend daddy" Gracie said.

" well tell Charlie it's time for him to go" odell said looking around the room one more time before leaving.

Odell was gonna make sure he remember to talk to his wife about this Charlie friend.

//////

"Babe! Gracie!" Demi called out when she walked in the house.

" kitchen" odell said.

" oh hiii mommy" Gracie said giving her mom a big smile when she came in the kitchen.

"Hi baby girl" Demi said kissing her daughter's head.

Demi walked over to Odell wrapping her arms around him from behind.

" wassup beautiful. How was work?" Odell asked turning the pots off.

" exhausting" Demi said moving her arms up to wrap around his neck.

" my poor baby" Odell said pecking Demi's lips.

"Ewwww" Gracie said laughing.

" hey, that kiss is what got you here" Odell said.

" I'm gonna go change and I'll be right back" Demi said.

Demi walked upstairs ready to strip out her work clothes. Passing by her daughter's room Demi thought she seen someone sitting on the floor, Demi stopped dead in her tracks before taking a step back looking in Gracie's room again. But nobody was in there.

" you scared the shit out of me" Demi said walking in her room seeing her friend sitting on her bed.

"Don't I always" Natalie said.

" was that you in Gracie room?" Demi asked.

"No been watching your handsome all day" she said.

"Hey now" Demi said getting out of her work clothes.

/////

" I need to talk to you" Odell said sitting in front of Demi.

" what's up baby?"

" so earlier today I heard Gracie in her room talking so I get up to go see who she talking to and she was in there by herself and I asked her who she was talking to and she said my friend Charlie. I wanna know who the fuck charlie is because I never met no Charlie did you?" Odell said.

"oh! That's probably who you saw in Gracie room" Natalie said.

Odell turned his head quick when he seen Demi look behind him.

"You seen some shit?" Odell said getting up.

" you have to tell him" Natalie said.

"Ok Demi you're freaking me out. You not gonna say nothing?" Odell asked.

" I'm sorry babe I zoned out for a second but come back" Demi said patting the spot on the bed.

" ok so I need to tell you something. I've been hiding it for years  but I think it's best for me to tell you now" Demi said.