Chapter 13: Sacred Gears

*Y/n POV*

I had just gotten out of the infirmary, and I was going back to my room with Funus on my shoulder.

"Y/n wait!"

I turned and saw Yang and Ruby coming towards me. I was going to walk away, but there was something... off. I sensed something within them.

"What do you two want?" I asked.

"We need to talk to you." Yang said.

"Yeah," Ruby said, "Who was that guy in the arena?"

"I don't know. But its not something you need to care about, just forget about it."

"We can't just forget about it!" Ruby said, "He tried to kill you!"

"He's not the first, and he won't be the last." I said, "Now, if that's all, I'll be going."

I turned and started walking away, heading for my room.

"We have sacred gears."

I stopped in my tracks, hearing Yang say that.

'What the hell? How would they know about sacred gears?'

"Funus, we need to talk."

I walked into my room, and Funus hopped on the desk.

"So, what do you think?" I asked.

"I think they're telling the truth. I can sense dragons within them."

"Damn, so that's what I was sensing."

"What should we do, partner?"

I sighed, "Either we train them to use it, or they will learn to do it themselves."

"Partner, you need to do this," He said, "They could make good members for your peerage."

I ran my hand through my hair, "I hate it, but you may be right. If their sacred gears are powerful enough, they could make good peerage members."

Against my better judgment, which currently said to tell them to f*ck off, I opened he door and exited my room. I stood in front of the girls.

"I will train you to use your sacred gears."

"Yay!" They cheered as they jumped on me and hugged me.

"Get off. Now."

[Timeskip]

I stood in the arena, as the girls stood across from me. Funus was hovering above me and Fell Cyclone was on my back.

"So, how do we awaken their gears?" I asked.

"I have no idea. Each sacred gear is achieved uniquely."

"Crap, we're going to be here all day."

I stepped forward, and begun speaking to the girls.

"Okay, I need you to tell me about the dragons you saw in your dreams."

 Yang started, "Mine was a giant gold dragon, Aurum, the dragon emperor of fighting."

Ruby said, "Mine was Ignis, dragon emperor of fire and lava."

"Damn, that didn't help at all."

"Partner," Funus said, so that only I could hear him, "Sacred gears can be achieved when the person needs to protect something they love."

"Oh, this is going to be interesting."

I took Fell Cyclone from my back, switching it to sniper form, and began to walk towards them.