Chapter 30: A Memory

*Y/n POV*

I opened my eyes, looking around. It seemed like I was in a multi-colored vortex of something. It seemed like there was nothing stable in sight, in fact, there was nothing in sight.

 It seemed like there was nothing stable in sight, in fact, there was nothing in sight

"Is this... the dimensional gap?" I said.

I continued to just float around, no sense of direction, sense of time, or sense of space. I just floated, waiting for... whatever.

That's went I felt something. It felt as if there was a massive body of something moving through the space, and I looked around.

My eyes landed on a giant red dragon, who flew up from underneath me.

"Great Red." I said, staring in awe.

"Y/n Gremory." It said.

"You know who I am?"

"Of course I do," It responded, "You are the one who brought the four dragons together. The only one who could hold their power."

"Cool," I said, "But none of that matters anymore. I don't have the four dragons. I can't defeat Ophis. I can't do anything anymore."

"You are foolish, to say the least."

"What do you mean?"

"You are the one who gathered the four dragons, correct?"

"Yeah."

"And the legends saw that I shall bow before the one who gathers all four and grant him my power."

"Right, but you've been here forever, haven't you?" I asked, "Even with your power, I won't be able to leave."

"Correct." He said, "But you were given a clue a long while ago, about how to 'Save your soul', correct?

I suddenly remembered what Author Man told me, about how to save my soul.

"Your memory will save your soul," I repeated, "I can guess that people back home should remember me. But how do I make people back on Earth remember me, while I'm up here?"

"I don't know."

I shrugged, shaking my head.

"Alright then."

"For now, I will stay in this form, but when you return to your world, I shall become a sacred gear."

I began to scratch my chin, wondering how to make people remember me.

*Rias POV*

I sat in the dorm I thought only housed Funus and Gaos, which I had just learned was housing two more dragons, Albion and Ddraig.

"Okay, tell me once more about what you felt this morning." I said, as Funus looked at me.

"I woke up this morning, and it felt like... like something was missing. Like I was supposed to be seeing an old friend, someone who wasn't there."

"Strange," I said, "I felt the same thing this morning when I looked at the picture this morning."

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

Ruby opened the door and entered, standing there in front of us.

"What is it Ruby?" I asked.

"Well, you may have other things to do, and I'm sorry for interrupting," She said, "But I have a question."

"What do you have to ask?"

"Well, you know how Yang, Blake, Weiss, Pyrrah, Jaune, and I are all devils? Well how did we become devils? Who's peerage do we belong to?"

"Well that's simple," I said, "You guys are in... I... don't know."

Who's peerage are they in? I have no idea. It's as if there is someone missing from reality or something.

"This is strange," Funus said, "It's as if someone was removed from reality, and from our memories."

"Well then the question is," I said, "Who is it?"