Chapter 83: Whose Funeral?

*Third Person POV*

"Why are we here?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah, this is a funeral," Yang agreed, "We don't even know the guy."

"It's not about the funeral," Ophis answered, "Y/n sent us another note."

"What?!" Coco almost shouted, "Why didn't you tell us about this?"

Hold up, maybe I should explain.

The peerages were in Vacuo, somewhere near the border of Vale. They had been receiving notes, mostly from the Shadows they guessed, leading them around the world. Somehow they ended up in the farthest reaches of Atlas, the island of Menagerie somehow (Kicked out again), and eventually in the desert of Vacuo.

In a mall in Atlas, they ran into Coco, who was panic-shopping while waiting for Y/n to get back.

In the forests of Menagerie, before they were caught and thrown out, they found a shall log cabin. Inside was a kind doctor and his daughter, both with the last name 'Scarlentina'. Yeah, that's a roundabout way of saying Coco and Velvet joined back up with them.

Anyway, that's also how they ended up at this guy's funeral, ignoring the sobbing of his friends and family.

"Just look for the Shadows," Rias ordered, "If they're the ones leaving us notes, they'll be here."

"Who are the Shadows again?" Velvet asked.

Of course, having just joined back up with the others, Coco and Velvet had no experience with the two black-wearing strangers.

"Two assassins," Ravel explained, "They brought us all together after we went searching for Y/n."

"Okay," Coco said, looking around at the sad face surrounding them, "What should we look for?"

"Two people, a man and a woman, dressed in all black, head to toe," Kiba explained, "They'll usually be carrying weapons and watching from the distance."

They began to fan out, looking around at the surrounding trees and gravestones. Eventually, Jaune noticed something strange, and tapped on Pyrrha's shoulder.

"Hey, is that..."

He pointed towards someone who was walking away from the funeral processions.

Pyrrha watched in shock, as the figure turned around to see them, purposefully flashing a smile. As the figure did, they saw bright blue eyes and a hint of red hair, hidden by a black umbrella.

"Nora!" Pyrrha said, shocked.

They began to follow their old friend, chasing her into the trees surrounding them. They eventually found the umbrella, as well as a note, under a tree.

The note read:

'Look up'

They turned towards the tree, and as they did, they saw two familiar forms standing above them.