Chapter 28: As If He Never Existed

*Y/n POV*

I looked at the small green dragon sitting on my desk, right next to Funus, who was glaring at him.

"So, you can become small too, Gaos?" I asked.

"Yep," He said in his high-pitched voice, "You'll find that I'm a lot better than Funus."

"You wish," Funus growled, "Don't fall for it, Partner."

"Relax Funus," I scratched his head, "You're still my favorite."

"For now." Gaos taunted.

Funus growled and pounced on him, as they began to fight. Funus was superior in size and power, but Gaos was a lot faster. I grabbed both of them and held them apart.

"Enough you two!" I said, "It's too late for this, I'm going to bed."

I let them go and went to my bed, as they flew over to the other bed, which they were now sharing.

"Goodnight, dragons."

"Goodnight Y/n."

"Goodnight Partner."

With that I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

[Timeskip]

I opened my eyes, gently pushing myself into a sitting position. I wanted to go back to bed, but something felt... off. It felt like...

There's someone here, that shouldn't be.

I pushed myself out of bed, making sure not to wake up Funus and Gaos. They were still asleep, curled up together.

'Adorable.'

I grabbed Fell Cyclone and left the room, walking down the halls. I saw something, a shadow moving across the hall. I ran after it, following it out into the courtyard. I then saw it run into the trees, and I followed it, changing Fell Cyclone to it's sniper mode.

"Who's there?!" I called, "Show yourself!"

A voice laughed, "Don't worry Y/n, it's just me."

"Ophis."

She came out of the woods, and I pointed Fell Cyclone at her.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Oh nothing much," She said, "Just the four dragons."

I prepared some magic and launched it at her, but she dodged and it blew up a tree.

"You better watch where you're launching magic, Y/n." She said, "You almost hit me."

"That was the point."

I started to fire Fell Cyclone at her, but she kept dodging, and I wasn't able to hit her. She kept dodging, before launching her own magic at me, and knocking Fell Cyclone out of my hands, impaling it in a tree.

"Y/n Gremory, you've been a thorn in my side for far too long," She said, "Goodbye Y/n. But don't worry, I'll come get you when I defeat Great Red."

Her hand began to glow, and she threw a ball of magic at me, striking me in the chest, as the world began to fade in and out.

*Ophis POV*

I watched, as Y/n began to fade out of existence, turning into a fine dust, and blowing away on the wind.

"Finally, he's gone," I said, "One step closer to my goal."