Chapter 74: Teamwork Part 2

*Third Person POV*

Rias' peerage walked through the trees, unknowing that they were headed to a small campsite.

Ophis and the rest of Y/n's peerage were doing the same, unaware that they were also heading towards a campsite.

As they walked forward, each group began to clear the trees at the edge of the campsite. As if god had planned it himself...

"YOU!"

Rias and Ophis yelled at each other in unison, bursting into the apparently empty campsite. In a flash of light, the two were in each other's faces, prepared to destroy the other. If it wasn't for their respective rooks holding them back, the two might've decimated the field.

"Hey guys," Blake said, giving a wave, "How's it going?"

"Eh, decent," Kiba answered, "Judging by your lack of Y/n, I guess you guys haven't found him either?"

"Nope," Ravel answered, watching the rooks attempt to calm Y/n's queen and sister, "Hey, who's campsite is this? Holy shit, they're going at it..."

Suddenly, a nearby tent began to shuffle. A very familiar head poked it's way out, revealing black hair with red tips on top of a familiar set of silver eyes.

"Ruby?"

"Hey guys," Ruby said, surprised, "What's... going on?"

"We'll explain later!" Yang yelled, restraining Ophis, "I think they're trying to kill each other! Help!"

[Timeskip]

Once they had managed to restrain Ophis and Rias, Ophis was bound with rope and stuck next to Yang, they sat around and began to discuss what had happened. Ruby, Jaune, and Pyrrah, the latter two having woken from a peaceful sleep, were searching for a way to use Ruby's power to defeat Salem.

"So," Jaune asked, sitting next to Kiba, "Where's Y/n?"

"Oh yeah," Raynare said, "That's what we're all trying to find out. He disappeared about two months ago, around the time the Shadows appeared."

"The Shadows," Pyrrah repeated, "They brought you guys here, right? Something about that seems off. Aren't they assassins?"

"True," Yang said, "They attacked us before bringing us here."

"They said they had a message," Blake observed, "From Y/n."

"What if... this is the message?"

Everyone turned to Ravel, who had been completely silent up until then. Even when asked to light the fire, a talent her clan specializes in, she responded with a simple head nod.

"What do you mean, Ravel?" Ophis asked, squirming against her bonds.

"Think about it," Ravel said, "From the cloaked guy in the Emerald Forest, to the Shadows and their strange message, Y/n has to be watching us. Maybe he wants us to..."

"To what?" Asia asked.

"To work together."

This time, everyone turned to Rias, who let out a sigh.

"That would be so like Y/n." She said.

"That's true," Ophis answered, "Master would do something like that."

Ophis and Rias looked at each other, exchanging exasperated looks. It seemed that though neither wanted a part in this, they had to work together.

"Alright," Rias said, holding out a hand, "We'll... work together to find Y/n."

"Fine." Ophis huffed, sticking a hand through her ropes.

The two shook, as the three relative new comers looked on confused.