Chapter 81: Mysteries Abound

*Y/n POV*

I looked down at the grassy field, scanning the area from my spot in the shade of a tree. I was unable to move, just stare down at the field, as a young boy ran out onto the grass. He bright red hair and one golden eye, and devil wings shot from his back as he turned back around. He was no older than five years old, and no younger.

"Are you watching Mama?!" He asked excited, directed at whoever was back in the shadows of the trees, "Are you watching!?"

He appeared to have gotten whatever confirmation he needed, as his wings spread out to their full length. He quickly brought them down, and took off a few feet into the air.

He began to flap his wings frantically, trying to get further and further off the ground. To the young boy's credit, he did get at least thirty feet up before exhaustion caught up to him.

His wings went limp, a bad sign for any devil, and he began to fall towards terra firma.

I wanted to move to help him, but found myself stuck to my place. I could only watch, as he fell towards the green grass face first.

A second or two before he hit the ground, a black form shot out of the shadows, growing to catch the boy's collar in his massive jaws. He easily held the boy a foot or two above the ground, as a more human form came out of the shadows.

"See Mama," The boy said tiredly, "I flew. I really flew."

"My sweet boy," The woman said, her face obscured by hair and the massive dragon's shadow, "You should be more careful! You could've been hurt!"

"But Mom..."

"No!" She interrupted, "Just say okay."

"Okay Mom." He groaned.

"Good," She said, "Now other than that..."

The young boy looked up to his mother expectantly, as she sighed.

"You did very good today."

"Yay!"

He wrapped his arms tightly around his mothers neck. As he did, the dragon began to laugh, allowing me to get a closer look at the mother-son pair.

I wanted to gasp in shock, but was still unable to move, as I recognize the woman. Her name came to my mind as if lightning had struck my memories, inflaming my brain with a name that I had not thought of for a long time.

"Summer Rose!"

I shot up in bed, my eyes shooting open as I realized I was no longer in the field that had haunted my dreams for the last few days. I was instead in my cot, the stone walls of my current whereabouts reminding me of the days that had passed.

I sat on the edge of my cot, as I rubbed my head of the dream. These dreams, no... false memories... have been running wildly through my head. It feels like the closer I get to the Sacred Beast, the more these memories get implanted into my brain.

But even as I question them, I wonder if these memories are... real?

No, don't think like that Y/n. I left the Roses behind, I'm a Gremory.

But... if I really am, why do I wanna see Summer again?