Chapter 60: The Girls Begin To Search

*Third Person POV*

"...According to this, an Atlas research base that had videos of Funus and a bunch of other supernatural stuff got hacked last night," Ravel read off her scroll, "All of it was deleted, leaving them with nothing."

Using some devil contacts, the girls had gotten a hold of some recent Atlas Military reports. They were trying to locate Y/n, and thought that this might give them a lead.

"That's strange," Raynare said, "All that data just gets deleted in one night by some random hacker? Someone from hell definitely had something to do with this."

"That's what I'm thinking," Ophis stated, "Y/n has to be involved."

"How'd you figure?"

"He's hiding," Ophis stated, "He doesn't want anyone to find him, not even us. If Atlas has video of him and Funus, they're going to identify him eventually, especially since we don't have Ozpin to protect us anymore."

Ravel looked up from her scroll, "So what you're saying is..."

"Y/n either hired someone or deleted the data himself."

All three exchanged confused glances, before going back to the data. Despite all their research, there were still no signs of Y/n anywhere.

In another city, Rias and her peerage were in a hotel room, all pouring over their own research. Rias, though, was furious.

"How dare they," She cursed, "Leave us behind while they go try to find Y/n. He's MY brother, not theirs."

"Rias," Akeno said, "We can deal with them later. And if you take your rage out on them anyways, that would only serve to anger Y/n."

"I know," Rias growled, "But it's infuriating."

"Yeah," Kiba said, pouring over some old research Y/n had in his room, "But that's all the more reason to find him first."

It was at this moment, that the door opened. Koneko slipped through and closed the door behind her, munching on a chocolate bar.

"Koneko," Rias greeted, "Did you find anything?"

"Yes," Koneko answered, "An Atlas Military Facility was hacked, and all their data deleted. They had footage of Funus, and were researching the supernatural."

"So Y/n has to have been involved," Xenovia said, "We have to find him first!"

"Yes, but that's not all," Koneko interrupted, "Apparently two assassins have been traveling around Remnant. They've never been seen, never caught on camera, and have never failed to kill. They've also killed some top ranking Atlas Officials and Rouge Devils."

"Wait," Rias said, "They've attacked Rouge Devils?"

"I thought they were working with Senpai," Koneko stated, "But why would he hire them?"

"I don't know," Rias said, "But we can asked him when we find him!"

Deep in the forests of Atlas, the two shadows had stopped walking and were sitting by a campfire. The male was writing something on a piece of parchment, and then drew a glyph on the bottom of the page.

"This report is going straight to master," He said, "He'll be pleased by the success."

"I hope," The female said, "This is tough work. I can't wait until we get back home."

"Same here."

The male threw the parchment into the flames, where it began to glow bright red as it caught. It burned to an ash, and the ash flew up into the air, floating off with the winds to their destination.