Chapter 42: Back to Beacon

*Y/n POV*

I exited the teleportation glyph, followed by Ravel and Ophis. Funus was just sitting on my shoulder, chilling.

The girls walked behind me, as we headed for the dorm. I unlocked the door, and saw that Gaos was just laying on the bed.

"Oh you're back," He said, "How was the trip?"

"Pretty good," I answered, "Got a new peerage member."

"I can see that."

"Alright girls," I said, "Get comfortable."

They put their stuff away, and I walked over and sat at my desk. I began to figure with the pen for a while, spinning it in my hand. It was then that I noticed something sitting on my desk, hidden behind a stack of books. I reached back there and pulled out a black feather, the same one from the church.

'Forgot I had this,' I thought, 'I wonder if...'

It was then that I heard a knock at the door, and pushed myself out of the chair.

As I opened the door, I was immediately surprised to be jumped on and hugged.

"I missed you!" Rias said, clinging to me.

"I missed you too, Rias," I said, "But I was just at home."

She let go of me, and walked into the door, immediately seeing Ravel sitting on one of the beds.

"What are you doing here?" Rias growled.

"I'm Y/n's new bishop," Ravel answered, "He added me to his peerage!"

Ravel jumped up and grabbed my arm, shoving it between her breasts. I swear Rias' glare could light me on fire.

"Is this true, Y/n?" Rias growled.

I gulped, "Y-yes..?"

Rias growled again, but took a deep breath, and sighed.

"Alright," She said, "But you should be careful about who you add to your peerage."

"Oh no," Ravel said, "I'm dedicated to my lord. I will never betray him!"

"Then that's... fine." Rias said, "Anyway, those two girls, Coco and Velvet told me to tell you to go see them when you get back."

"Oh, they want to talk to me?"

"Yeah," She said, "I want to know why."

She glared at me again, "I-I have no idea! I swear!"

She lowered her glare, and crossed her arms.

"You should go see them," She said, "But you better be very, very careful about what you do in there."

"Y-yes ma'am."

[Timeskip]

I walked up to the door, knocking three times. I heard someone call from behind the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's Y/n!"

The door quickly opened, and Coco and Velvet were there. As soon as they saw me, Coco jumped up and hugged me.

"Uh, hey Coco," I said, "Good to see you again."

"Welcome back, Y/n!" She said.

"Hey Velvet." I said.

"H-hi Y/n." She said shyly.

Coco let go of me, and they closed the door behind them.

"So, why don't we go somewhere to talk?" Coco said, "How about the roof?"

"Sounds good to me."

They led me up to the roof, and we looked out over the forest.

"So," I said, "What did you guys want to talk about?"

"Y/n," Coco said, "What is your relationship with everyone?"

"What the hell does that mean?"

"Jaune, Pyrrah, Ruby, Yang, Weiss, Blake, and that Ophis chick as well," She said, "You all have a secret. And we want to know what it is."

"Y-yeah," Velvet agreed, "We wanted to know."

I sighed, "I guess I could tell you."

I turned to face them, "I am a devil. The youngest son of the Gremory clan, to be exact. The people you mentioned are my peerage. They are a group of people that I can turn into devils. They are my evil pieces, and I am the king."

"Interesting," Coco said, "I want in."

"What?" I said.

"You heard me, I want to become a devil."

"Now hold on a second-"

"I want to be a devil too!" Velvet exclaimed, "I'll serve you my whole life!"

I looked at her blushing face, and then back at Coco. I took a deep breath, and sighed.

"Alright," I said, "I'll do it."

"Yay!" They both cheered.

I held out my hand, and two of my pawn pieces appeared. I held them out, and the girls took them, as they glowed and disappeared.

"Welcome to my peerage, girls."