Chapter 45: Ice Cream

*Y/n POV*

I opened my eyes, and saw the roof of my own room. Ravel, Raynare, and Ophis were leaning over me.

"Umm," I said, "Good morning."

Ophis let out a sigh, and they backed up. I sat up in bed, rubbing my shoulder.

"Glad you're okay, partner." Funus said from my desk.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She brought you here," Ravel said, pointing at Neo, who was sitting in the corner, "You had a hole in your shoulder and blood was getting everywhere."

"Oh, thanks Neo," I said, "And thanks to you girls for healing me."

"We won't just let you die Master," Raynare said, holding onto me, "What would we do without you?"

"Well that's sweet, but I think I should explain what's going on to Neo."

[Timeskip]

"...So you're a devil now."

I finished my explanation, sitting across from the small girl who I had learned was mute. She was looking at me strangely, but seemed to understand.

"Welcome to the peerage," Ravel said, "I hope we'll be good friends."

They shook hands, and I fell backwards onto my bed.

"Oh crap," I said, "I'm tired. Let's continue this conversation in the morning."

With that, I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

[Timeskip]

I was walking down the hall towards the cafeteria to eat breakfast, I was giving Ophis a piggyback ride, and Ravel had my arm wrapped in hers. Gaos and Funus were flying above us.

I felt like something was missing, and looked around. Neo was trailing behind us, walking slowly and shuffling her feet.

"Hey girls," I said, putting Ophis down, "You guys go on ahead. I need to talk to Neo."

They walked off, and I walked over to Neo. She looked up at me, and I spoke.

"You seem depressed. What's got you down?"

She started to make hand gestures, like putting on a hat and lighting a cigar. I quickly got what she meant.

"Oh, you miss Roman," I said, "Well, you guys were criminals. I can't really stop Atlas from arresting him."

She looked down depressed, and I felt my heart get heavy. It felt like my soul was being ripped in half.

"Fine!" I exclaimed, "I'll see what I can do!"

She looked up at me, her eyes a glow. Her smile was beaming.

"Go catch up with Ravel and Ophis, I need to think."

She walked off happily, a skip in her step. I let out a sigh and ran a hand through my hair.

"F*ck," I said to myself, "What the hell did I just agree to?"

"What's up Y/n?"

I turned around and saw Team JNPR and Team RWBY.

"Oh nothing," I said, "I just have to do something. Jaune, Pyrrah, Team RWBY, I need to speak with you all later."

"Okay," Ruby said, "What's wrong?"

"I just need to talk," I repeated, "For now, go get something to eat."

They walked past me and I leaned against the wall. I let out a whistle, and after a few seconds, Funus flew around the corner and landed on my shoulder, a piece of bacon hanging out of his mouth.

"What's the matter partner?" He asked.

I sighed, "Funus, how many enemies do we have?"

"At least a hundred," He answered, "Why?"

"I think I just promised to break a criminal out of Atlas."

"Well then," He said, chewing the bacon, "Guess we're making a new enemy."