Chapter 22: Potential

*Y/n POV*

I was walking through the halls after classes one day, the sun had just started to go down. Funus had gone back to the room to do... whatever dragons do. I haven't heard from Ddraig in a while, but I knew he was still in the boosted gear, so that was fine.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of steel on steel, as if two swords were clashed together.

I realized I was walking past the arena, so I just thought it was some students having a spar. But my curiosity made me want to know who it was. If they're good enough, I could make them a part of my peerage.

So out of curiosity, I walked into the arena, walking through the stands. I walked to the front of the stands and leaned against the railing, seeing Jaune and Pyrrah fighting in the arena.

They didn't even notice me, as Pyrrah flipped around and threw her shield and all this complex crap, and Jaune just tried his hardest to keep up with her.

It was a one-sided fight, no matter how you slice it. Jaune just couldn't keep up with Pyrrah's experience and skill.

It was only a matter of moments, as Pyrrah knocked Jaune down, and the match was over.

"You're getting better," Pyrrah said, helping him up, "You just need more practice."

"Pyrrah, we've been doing this for days. I'm never going to get better." He said dejectedly.

"No, she's right. You have potential, you just need practice."

They turned to see me, leaning against the railing.

"How long have you been there?" Pyrrah asked.

"Not long."

I vaulted over the railing, and landed in the arena, walking over to them.

"Back to what I was saying before, you really do have potential, you just need to work on it."

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Why would I not be?" I said, "And to show how serious I am, I'll help. i would like to help your training."

"Really? Thanks man!" He said.

"Yep, anytime." I said, "Now, go get a shower, you smell like sweat."

He left, and I turned to Pyrrah.

"Well, looks like I'll be helping you from now on."

"Why do you wanna help so bad?" She asked.

"I don't really know myself. I just fell like I should help him." I said, "And besides, it's not like it's awful being able to spend a little more time with a beautiful woman like you."

She blushed a deep red, and I laughed.

"Calm down, I'm just messing with you," Her blush died down a bit, "Maybe."

I laughed again, and left the arena, heading back to my room to go to bed.