Epilogue: Jimmy's Letter

Dear Micheal,

The curtain is slowly closing on my long life. Oddly enough, I do not find myself sad or regretful, merely disappointed by the prospect of not seeing this long mission to completion. Unfortunately, the devils have found me out and I can feel the shadows slowly creeping onto the back of my neck.

As they do, I would like to report all I have learned on the subject of the Gremory family, specifically on Y/n Gremory, the next head of the Gremorys.

Y/n Gremory, referred to most recently as 'The One Armed Devil' and 'Tamer of Dragons', is as follows:

-An expert in the blade, proficient with every blade that has ended up in his position (Including Ascalon and his 'Fell Cyclone')

-Master of the Dragon God of Death Funus, tied for the second strongest of the dragons, Subject was trained to wield his power since a child

-Master of the Dragon God of Chaos Gaos, tied for second strongest of the dragons, Subject inherited the power from his fallen rival Titus Lucifer

-Master of the Red Dragon Emperor Ddraig, inherited from his fallen ally Issei Hyoto

-Master of the White Dragon Emperor Albion, inherited from his fallen rival Vali Lucifer

-Master of the Apocalypse Dragon Great Red, Subject currently acts as a vessel to keep Great Red's power from destroying the universe. He uses this power by letting out small portions at a time, as too much will destroy his body. If a suitable vessel is found, Great Red could be transferred from the Subjects control and into ours.

-Younger brother of Sirzechs Gremory, Older brother of Rias Gremory

-Currently has all but one pawn of his peerage filled up

-His members include Weiss Schnee (Heir to the Schnee Dust company and wielder of the sacred gear 'Frozen Hell'), Blake Belladonna (Daughter of The chieftain of Menagerie and wield of the sacred gear 'Black Phoenix'), Yang Xaio-Long (Daughter of Taiyang Xaio-Long and wielder of Aurum, Dragon Emperor of Fighting and Brawling), and his half sister Ruby Rose (Daughter of Summer Rose, Silver-Eyed Warrior, and wielder of Ignis, Dragon God of Lava and Fire).

There is more to say, but those are the most important facts about Y/n Gremory currently. He has not been seen since the fall of Beacon Academy, but many are saying that his return shall be soon. There is also video of him chasing after Cinder and her Grimm Dragon, so perhaps an alliance with the devils towards the purpose of killing Salem is possible.

And now, I ask you to forgive my soul and pray for me, as the show of my life comes to it's close.

Exit, stage right.

Your Dearest Angelic Servant,

James 'Jimmy' Ironwood

P.s.: This letter has been replicated and sent to two of my closest confidants, with the order to replicate their copies three times each, and deliver the copied to their own confidants. Those confidants will repeat the cycle, but all copies of the letter are planned for delivery to Micheal eventually. If the devils intercept one, the rest will all be fine.

And if this letter does end up in the hands of a devil, I ask only that you give this letter to Y/n Gremory himself. Let him know that I truly hold nothing against him, and that the war between Heaven and Hell has never been personal between us. Wish him luck in his battle against Salem, and that he be blessed in his further battles.

And to you, Y/n Gremory, may God bless your future endeavors.

*Third Person POV*

Y/n dropped the letter onto his desk, turning to the rising moon over the fortress. His study was lit only by candles, and a glass of wine sat nest to the empty bottle on his desk.

He had only managed to intercept one of the possibly hundreds of letter that existed out there. While many would see this as a fail, allowing intel to end up in the hands of an enemy, but Y/n felt oddly calm about the situation.

"Thank you General," Y/n said, lifting his glass in salute to the fallen general, "You may have been my enemy in the terms of Heaven and Hell, we were brothers in the fight against Salem. Rest in peace."