Chapter 17: First Pieces

*Y/n POV*

I walked down the hall towards Team RWBY's dorm. Funus was standing on my shoulder.

"Are you sure about this partner?" He said.

"Aren't you the one who told me to do this?" I asked, "Why are you worrying now?"

"No reason."

I continued walking, and I arrived in front of the dorm.

I took a deep breath, and knocked on the door, as I heard people moving behind it.

The door opened, and Blake was standing behind it.

"Y/n? What's up?" She said.

"Hey Blake," I said, "I need to speak to Ruby and Yang. Are they here?"

"Yeah, we're here!" I heard Yang say.

"Can I speak to you two in private?"

"Uh, sure."

They left the room, and close the door behind them. They turned to me.

"Follow me."

I led them back to my room, and I closed the door, locking it behind us.

They stood around, and I sat at my desk, turning the chair to them.

"So, what do you need?" Ruby asked.

"Before I tell you that, I have to tell you about the world we live in," I said, "The truth is, humans and animals are not the only creatures on Remnant."

"What are you talking about?" Yang asked.

My wings spread from my back.

"I am a devil." I said, "A race of powerful beings who are immortal. There are also angels and fallen angels, who hate us. Thousands of years ago, there was a great war between the three factions, and afterwards, devils abandoned our former ways of doing things. We now have four leaders of Hell, and we use something called the peerage system, where we are able to resurrect humans and other races into our service, as devils."

They were silent for a few seconds.

"What does this have to do with us?" Yang asked.

"I want the two of you to join my peerage and become devils." I said, "As much as I hate it, I need your help. A war is on the horizon, and I need people to fight. Sadly, you two seem to be my best bet right now."

I pulled out the oak bow, and pulled out a pawn and a rook piece, "If you agree, Yang, you will be my rook piece, giving you an insane boost in strength. Ruby, you will be my pawn, giving you the ability to be promoted to any other piece, and give you that piece's boost."

I held out the pieces.

They looked at each other, and then back to me.

"Girls, my arm is tired. Please hurry."

Yang finally grabbed the piece out of my hand, and Ruby did the same. I watched, as the pieces glowed and disappeared.

"Well girls," I said, "Welcome to the Gremory Family."