Catastrophe (VI)

(A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting. I just want to give you a heads up that this chapter is a little informative on the zombies and gives more background information on the world. Ah, my chapters became a little long ranging from 1.6k to 1.9k words.... Sorry for the many words, lol. Thanks and enjoy the chapter!)

When Allen awoke, the sun hadn't even risen from the horizon yet. The sky was still dim. Allen sorted through the merchandise in the store. He got a new phone with a charger, a portable charger, batteries, flashlights, candles, lighters, water, and food.

Unfortunately, the cell service was down and Allen couldn't use the data on the phone. It was more of a timer for him and light source if needed. His bag was filled to the brim with items. It was also considerably heavy, it would slow him down making his three days turn to five.

The next five days, Allen traveled from place to place. He would gather the supplies that he needed and also made sure to exercise his body, he would die if he accidentally got caught up in a horde. By the fifth day, Allen's stamina could be considered to be normal. Before he was very weak, just running two blocks made his lungs burn. Five blocks and his legs ached and almost turned to jelly. Now he could run ten blocks before his lungs and legs ached.

He also gathered clothes and changed out of his goddamn female uniform. But it seemed that every store that he went to.... there was only female clothing. There Bao Bao was grinning inwardly, he had succeed in dispelling his host's impression that he was doing this on purpose. Just like a mother who loves to dress up their children, Bao Bao had made a plan in his mind to keep his host to cross dressing.

Allen wore a large wool beige sweater dress with black shorts underneath so that no one could see his undergarment, he also had on black tights , a navy blue jacket, and brown knee high boots. Bao Bao was clapping in his heart, his host was too cute. As for Allen, he just frowned at his clothes but he trusted Bao Bao. His system wouldn't lie to him.

(A/N: (;¬_¬) Ummm Yeah.... Bao Bao is totally not deceiving you.

Bao Bao: What? I thought I heard my name....

A/N: Uh, nothing..... Poor Allen... doesn't even know that Bao Bao had planned everything from the start. *sigh*)

He had reached the outskirts of B city, to base B would only be a six day trip. As much as he wanted to drive as it would get him there faster, he didn't know how to. Allen didn't stay on the main road and took a direct path there through the woods. He had seen how this world was, at this moment you could only care for yourselves. Allen saw people who sacrificed others to survive, he also saw others killing others for things. He didn't want to get into contact with anyone else unless he had to.

But sometimes, he couldn't escape other people's vulturous eyes and they would try and pick him up. They would whistle at him and when he didn't respond, they would chase after him. This one time, a small group of hoodlum followed Allen, even after he chose to ignore him. They surrounded him in a small dark alleyway, their eyes were filled with lasciviousness that made Allen's stomach churn.

Gang member A, "Hey, sweetie. It's not safe to be out here by yourself, you know?"

"...." Allen didn't want to bother with them and tried to get past the wall of gang members, but they didn't even budge.

Gang member B clicked his tongue, "Tsk tsk tsk, where do you think that you're going, eh?"

Gang member C, "Ah, brother this little lady decided to ignore you. What are you going to do?"

Gang member A licked his lips, "Enjoy her of course."

Allen frowned. He gripped onto his knife that was hidden in his sleeve. He didn't have time for them.