Bearer of Thy Oath (VI)

The faster he found the successor to the damned Seal of Solomon, the better the possibility of completing the second main task. Uriel had sent a message to Mikael and the others up in Aravoth, informing of the location of the ring. He also called for his thirteen apostles to come back. They had split up all over the world to search for it.

Uriel flitted through the air as he surveyed the surrounding. It was unfortunate that Bao Bao could not assist him in the matter other than identifying objects that resembled it.

Bao Bao split off from him and headed in the other direction of the school to search for the conspicuous ring. What made it harder was knowing if they wore it or had it hidden in their clothing. Naturally with Bao Bao's body's features, his speed was slower than Uriel's.

Close to three quarters of an hour passed by. Uriel hovered in midair looking at a young man sitting lazily against a wooden bench at the far end of the school. His different colored eyes lit up in a humorous light. He was rubbing the golden ring on his finger as a blithesome smirk crept onto his lips.

"I've been waiting for you, Son of God."

His voice was as clear as the day, it flowed smoothly into one's ear.

Uriel looked at the young man before him. He could recognize a different kind of light behind that amusement. It was something he was quite familiar with.

Uriel, "King Solomon."

There was only one man known to be able to see them as a gift bestowed by their Father, King Solomon. His soul had disappeared with no traces left by it. It left many of the angels baffled where it could've gone. None of the archangels that oversaw the souls and reincarnation had a sliver of idea where and how his soul had evaded them.

Adiel looked down to his ring. His memories was still a little jumbled up, but he could still make out the important parts of it. Having his soul be activated from its long slumber, he felt out of sorts in this era.

Adiel, "You've changed your appearance, Uriel."

Uriel, "So have you, Solomon."

Adiel leaned back on the bench leisurely, "They sent you down here to come watch me?"

Uriel, "You should already know."

The young man was poised gracefully, with the orange sunset light highlighting his smooth pristine skin. Though his looks have changed, his quick witted and cleverness in his eyes were the same.

Adriel stood up and dusted his pants of the nonexistent dust, "En. Of course I do. It was quite expected after.... after many of my kin have been 'tainted' and defied against you and your Father."

He whistled as he started walking back to his room. After taking a couple of steps he was an arm's length away from Uriel, Adriel reached out, "I don't mind you stalking me, Uriel."

He winked and went on his way.

Uriel looked at the retreating back that was getting farther and farther away. It seemed that their personalities consolidated into one.

Bao Bao came back in time to see Adriel eye him briefly before disappearing. He scratched his head. His son-in-law's body this time seemed to be in a little troublesome situation. He was the center of the attention currently and just being a human. It could be said to be that he was in a perilous situation.... but with his host, he knew that he would protect him from any misfortune that may come his way.

But... if it comes down to it, could his host disobey his orders and turn against his own kind with the OOC locking down on him? Honestly, Bao Bao was concerned. He had a bad feeling in his heart about this world.

Uriel noticed Bao Bao's return and sent him to monitor Adriel. He had some matters to attend to. Thirteen streaks of a fiery red light flew towards him. They all landed with one knee on the ground, bowing.

""My Liege.""

Uriel, "We will guard this place and oversee this scion of Solomon. All of you will be mingling with the humans."

His gaze scanned over them, "Do not fail me."

In unison they chimed, ""As you command, my Liege.""

---

Settling business, Uriel compelled the humans and inserted himself and his apostles into the mortal's world. Some of them became teachers, and others students. Uriel ended up rooming with Adriel, so that he could protect him. They had arrived on the weekend, thankfully.

Tomorrow would be Uriel's 'first day' at school.

Because of Adriel's status, he was given quite a luxurious room that had a balcony. Uriel leaned on the railing of the window with his eyes closed. Although he looked to be enjoying the evening air, he was actually concentrating on the information he was receiving. Now that he has ended his search, he needed to focus on defending.

He gathered all the information telepathically through the minds of the humans, gifted with the powers of mind reading. Even if the humans had no idea what they saw, he could infer from what they were thinking to make an estimation if they had encountered the supernatural or not.

He had set up a high level magical protection spell in the room where they both stayed at and set up a large barrier against any minor and mid level demons. He didn't set a restriction barrier against the greater demons as it would cause a big disturbance if they were to try and get inside.

Their level of intelligence was far beyond those of their underlings and would not be hasty to make a decision with Uriel there.

He lightly touched the ring on his finger. When an unhappy voice came from above him, "What a greeting you gave us last time."

Uriel had sensed them the moment they surfaced in the mortal realm. Their auras were too distinguishable, especially since they didn't bother to even hide it. Astaroth and Sitri were in mid air, their pure black wings behind them. He knew it was only a matter of time before they would come back.

He opened his eyes and looked at Sitri, completely ignoring Astaroth's presence. "Careful, Duke Astaroth. You will be fighting me in my domain here."

Astaroth was already annoyed that he had to crawl his way back up here. It was already hard enough, and then they had to do it again. Not to mention the burns they received from being sent back, had stung like a b*tch. It took a while three hours before they healed.

Astaroth noticed that Sitri was also very quiet ever since they met with Uriel. He seemed dazed and lost, as if his soul had been ripped out. Now he was staring intently at Uriel as if he had been greatly wronged. A menacing aura had been covering him ever since, he saw Uriel.

Sitri flung himself at Uriel, but ran into a barrier that he had but up. He gritted his teeth and slammed his hands onto the shield. Sitri's amethyst eyes stared at him vehemently.

Sitri spat out, "Why?"