Bearer of Thy Oath (XXV)

A/N: because author is awake at 2 am... here goes a early release for the chapter~

"Mikael."

Uriel strode gallantly before him. His red wings were folded behind him, his robes swayed as he walked. Though he looked a little pale, his aura was still the same as ever. It gave off a formidable and unyielding vibe.

Controlling his emotions, Mikael's face returned to that of nothingness. He glanced over at Uriel before turning his attention back onto the fountain. Although he may look calm, inside Mikael wanted to crucify Uriel for upsetting his plans.

Mikael, "Where is the next of kin of Solomon, Uriel?"

Uriel's mouth stayed shut and stood beside Mikael. He stood motionlessly with no readable expression on his face. Because his actions didn't give away that Adriel might be alive, Mikael could only assume for the worst. There was no way for him to confirm Adriel's soul, he had evaded them once. He could do it again easily.

Mikael arched his brow, "Has he been killed?"

He inwardly felt an apprehension. Has he already lost the chess piece that he had put so spent so much effort on? He couldn't afford to lose such an important piece. When punishment time comes, he'll make sure that Uriel pays his price for failing his duties.

Uriel slowly made eye contact with him, "Mikael, let's not play games here, shall we? I believe we've been letting this go on for too long, my dear brother."

Mikael immediately went on the offense and thrust his spear forward at Uriel. Just as it was about to pierce him, it was stopped by an unseen force. He quickly drew back his lance and stepped back from Uriel. His eyes were held observantly looked at Uriel, when had he become this strong? Had he always been like this and hidden it? Or did he somehow gain this because he discovered something? If it was an artifact, he had to get his hands on it.

Mikael decided to probe around Uriel's defense, he disappeared and reappeared behind Uriel. Again, he was blocked and Uriel didn't even have to lift a hand. He narrowed his eyes and attempted from another side.

Bam!

Bam!

Bam!

His lance slams into the invisible wall again and again, but there wasn't even a scratch on Uriel. His clothes and hair remained unruffled, and he didn't even bat an eyelash and look at Mikael. The collisions sent powerful waves and thunderous sounds that resonated from within the building. The field of flowers outside were sent scattering away. The trees were uprooted and blown as if they were nothing but pieces of leaves. The paths became unearthed and dismayed. The once beautiful and scenic view was now destroyed and laid to waste.

Seeing that his attacks were nothing but feeble attacks, Mikael started casting spells as he swung his lance. Rays of golden beams shot out of the circle, like homing missiles they locked onto Uriel. With an unprecedented force, they smashed into his barrier and dispersed into sparkling specks of dust.

Just as Mikael's lance was going to make contact with his barrier once more, Uriel took this chance. In a blink of an eye, he caught onto the spearhead of the lance and yanked it to him. Only weapons made out of angels iron and received God's blessing would be able to kill and harm another angel. Lance of Mikael was one as such. It sliced into the palms of his hands easily and Uriel's blood coated the spearhead and dripped onto the floor.

Mikael was caught off guard momentarily and his body was pulled forward along with his lance. Casting a spell onto his fist, Uriel sent a right hook onto Mikael's jaw. It exerted enough strength to twist Mikael's body and send him flying through the walls of the building.

Less than a minute, the whole building began to crumble and fall apart. An avalanche of ceiling and wall pieces fell down upon the area. It created a large cloud of dust, obscuring the area.

Mikael rolled onto all four as blood dribbled down the corner of his mouth. His aura became murderous and dark. From the clouds of dust, he could see Uriel's silhouette walking towards him. His intestines turned green, he should have gotten rid of Uriel a long time ago. Now he's become the biggest hindrance in this great plan of his.

He spat out the blood that had accumulated inside of his mouth and stood up as he recalled his lance back to his side. There was no way after this, that he would allow Uriel to escape or be freed. He had to die 'honorably' in this war.

Being the second oldest, Mikael's mentality was much stronger than his younger siblings. If he could get within touching distance of Uriel, he could possibly overwhelm the other's mentality and be able to control him.

It infuriated him even more to see Uriel's calm and indifferent self, it was like he was just playing with a toy rather than seraphim. Mikael dashed and casted a higher leveled spell. Seven magic circles surrounded Uriel from top to bottom and all around him, they radiated a blinding light before firing hundreds of thousands of needle-like objects.

If someone else, even Lucifer that was caught in this spell, they would have been bored with thousands of holes after it was finished. It was a ruthless attack that would leave the defendant helpless and vulnerable. Their energy would be depleted upon trying to shield against it and with the spell lasting for half of an hour, they would be heavily injured afterward.

Mikael shouted, "The eschaton will happen. And when it does it will be a glorious feat for us, my dear brother. The start of a new era. From the eradication of the netherworld. A utopia will merge."

"And us? We will be remembered forever. Revered all around. We will rule and dominate the heavens and everything below. Don't fight against me and join me, Uriel."

Just as Mikael was going to give a smug grin at seeing Uriel kneeling on the floor bleeding, something unexpected happened.

Crack!

Suddenly, cracks appeared on the magic circles and within seconds they shattered. Mikael wanted to stab Uriel over a million times. Just how much more powerful was he than him? Was he not at the pinnacle of his time? Was he still 'weak'? No, he couldn't accept the fact that he was somehow below this younger brother of his. He truly loathed these golden gifts that his siblings received instead of him.

Uriel could sense a menacing aura. It seemed almost alive as it wrapped around him, wanting to take his life. It was almost there, just a little more. Uriel could almost taste the murky tenebrosity wafting off of Mikael's body. Once his heart has been completely eclipsed by his own bitter crepusucle, only then can Uriel act. Otherwise, it would be too early, and the mission would not finish.

As the rage consumed Mikael's rational thoughts, Uriel kept on pushing him closer and closer to the edge of the cliff. One step. Two steps. He was getting closer and closer in drowning in his own darkness.

But there was one thing that Uriel hadn't count on... Mikael fleeing.

- - -