Chunin Exams Part 11: GO HOME

Aki POV

"Okay keep going, Oof Oof," I said to myself and I was so close to the arena.

I heard lots of crashed and booms, which made me travel faster. Many thought surrounded my mind.

Am I gonna make it on time?
How's fighting now?
Am I gonna pass out?
Where can I get some Tylenol?

"Hey are you okay?" I hear someone ask.

I turned back to see a guy, I didn't know him. He had really dark brown hair, red eyes, and was tan-ish. He seemed a little older than me, probably around 14 or 15. He had a toned body from I can tell and had a strange ring in his finger which was a pretty dark red with some Kanji written inside it.

"Huh, oh no, I'm fine," I said as I toppled over, almost falling to the ground.

Before I hit the ground he managed to catch me.

"Woah woah, you don't seem fime," the guy said.
"Yeah, I'm really sick, and I decided it would be smart to walk to the arena while like I'm this for the Chunin exams." I explained.
"You're gonna fight in this condition?" He asked.
"No no, I forfeited during the preliminaries, I just wanted to support my friends and sister who are fighting," I said as I steadied myself.
"Well I can help you get there," he said.
"Oh no I don't want to be a bother," I said.

He chucked.

"It's no problem," he said as kneeled forward offering me to get on his back.
"You sure?" I asked.
"Yup!" He exclaimed.

I climbed on his back.

"Hold on tight," he said.

I held on tight as he stood up and began walking.

"Ya know I'm pretty surprised no one has stopped to help you, I would expect this village to be helpful," He said.
"You're not from Konoha?" I asked.
"No I'm from Suna," he said.
"Ooo I know people from there!" I said excitedly.
"Hehe Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro I assume."
"Correct you know them?" I asked.
"Not personally, they're quite popular though," he explained.
"Why did you decide to leave? If it's not too personal," I said.

"Oh it's not, I was getting bored in Suna, I like traveling," he said.
"Alone, you look young, are you a shinobi?"
"You could say that, I just recently turned 15. I've been alone for most of my life, so I'm used to traveling alone."
"Oh I see," I said sadly.
"Hahah no worries, I can tell you're a shinobi," he said.
"Yes I am, I was originally in the Chunin Exams, I forfeited cuz the fight wasn't worth it... though I kinda regret it," I said.
"Ha, you'll have other opportunities, anyways weren't your parents Home to take care of you?" He asked.
"Eh well my parents passed away when I was a baby, I live with my twin sister," I said.
"I see, sorry" he said.
"No worries, I'm in good hands," I said reassuringly.
"Ah great! Well looks like we're here in the arena," he said as he put me down.

"Thank you very much uh..."
"The names Ace," he said as he held his hand out of shake it.
"Aki Heikima, nice to meet you," I said as I shook his hand.
"Woah a Heikima!" He said as his eyes lit up.

I scratched the back of my head.

"Heheh yeaaahh," I said.
"Heh well I'll be around the village for a while, if you seen me around don't be afraid to say hi," I said as he threw me a big smiled and wave.
"I will, bye!" I said and waved.

I turned away and walked away. Then I went inside the arena.

~•~

I walked inside hearing loud crashes and explosions.

"Oh! Aki!" I heard Naruto shout as he ran towards me. "Keiko said you were sick."
"I am," I responded.
"WHAT?! Then you should be home resting!" Naruto exclaimed.
"I'm good," I reassured him.
"You walked here?" He asked.
"Nah I flew."
"WOAH!"
"Well actually some dude helped me, he carried me here," I said as I plopped down.

Naruto plopped down next to me.

"Well, Neji and I already fought... hehehe I won. Shikamaru and Temari also fought but Shikamaru forfeited. Keiko and Kankuro are fighting night now," he said as he pointed down. "They've been going on for a while geeeez."

"Where's Uchiha?" I asked.

Naruto shrugged his shoulders.

"Haven't seen him," he said as he laid back.

I felt my stomach turn and searched for the nearest trash can frantically. As soon as I found one I ran and threw up in it.

"Em, Aki you don't look so good, you want me to take you home?" Naruto offered.
"N-no I'm good," I said as I coughed. "I wanted to watch you all and congratulate or comfort."
"Well fine but you should drink water."
"I can't even keep water down, I'll be okay," I said and I plopped back down next to Naruto.

"And the winner is Keiko!" We heard the proctor announce.

Naruto and I quickly stood up to see a beat up Kankuro and a happy Keiko standing in the middle.  She was jumping up and down in excitement.

She then turns to Naruto and I and glared...

Oh boy she's mad cuz I came.

She sped up here and pretty soon she was in front of my face.

"GO HOME!" Keiko exclaimed which got us some stares.
"Geez, I just wanted to watch," I said putting my hands up.
"You're sick Aki, how'd you manage to walk here?" She asked.
"I had a little assistance, but I'm feeling better and I wanted to congratulate you for you victory," I said while smiling.

Keiko sighed.

"You're not getting out of bed for the next week," Keiko said.
"Fine by me," I said as I shrugged my shoulders.
"Eh girls... isn't Sasuke next, and he isn't here," Naruto said.
"Yeah where is Uchiha?" I asked.

Keiko face palmed,

"He And Kakashi Sensei were planning some cool entrance, I was supposed to have one but I didn't want to make a scene... it was stupid," she said.
"Really, the cool Uchiha planning a dramatic entran- now that I think about it makes sense," I said.

Then we see leaves slowly swirling around.

"Oh boy and speaking of the Devil," Keiko said. "Definitely Sasucakes."

Uchiha stood in the middle of the arena, wearing a different outfit and slightly longer hair. He looked better before honestly.

"Eh, sorry we're late, we were trying to find the other teammate," Kakashi Sensei said as he looked at Keiko along with Uchiha.
"Hey! I was better off waiting in the arena!" Keiko yelled.

"Your name?" The proctor asked.
"Sasuke Uchiha," Uchiha said nonchalantly.

I rolled my eyes in the amount of confidence he had.

Gaara then approached the bottom of the arena as Kakashi Sensei moved toward where the rest of us were.

I looked closer to see the Gaara seemed a little bit off...

"Now begin!" The proctor said.