One By One

Keiko POV

We all continued to travel in silence, most likely worried if Chouji will be okay. Shikamaru broke the silence with sharing the soldier pills Chouji gave him.

He began to explain how Chouji's trump card are secret pills of the Akimichi clan. How if you take them you get an explosive burst of power.

From afar I felt the amount of Chakra being used from behind us... it was a lot... no doubt about it.

We stopped to mark trees to show Chouji the way we're going.

"I wonder if Chouji is okay," I said.
"He'll be fine, I'm sure of it," Shikamaru said giving the group and burst of confidence.

"We're going to get Sasuke before he catches up to us," Shikamaru said.

And with that we kept moving.

Akamaru barked.

"They're close," Kiba stated.
"That's strange... I haven't seen a single trap," Neji said. "Shikamaru, what do you think of this?" Neji asked.
"They're under estimating us," he said.
"That's a good thing, we don't have to deal with them," I said.

We eventually caught up to them. Shikamaru transformed himself as the sound ninja Chouji was fighting. Once the sound ninja realized that it wasn't his team member he attacked Shikamaru by spitting an web at him.

A guy with 6 arms... em that's odd... we all attacked one by one hoping to hand a hit on him.

"Raseng-AHHHH EW EW WEBS!" I shrieked as I got caught up in one.
"I'll place you in a cocoon," he said as he wrapped Neji up.

"This one is cute," he said as he Hovered over me.

I moved back a little and to no effect he just got closer.

"You bastard, leave her alone!" Naruto shouted.

He began chewing something, I closed my eyes waiting for something to happen, and something did happen. Neji came him and shoved the guy off me. The web disintegrated.

"You guys go after Sasuke, I can handle this. Keiko.... if you see Aki... leave her this one Message," Neji said.

Neji told me the message he wanted me to leave Aki if I find her.

"Naruto you have better eyes than I do," Neji said.

Naruto nodded.

"Neji be careful," I said.

It was now the four of us.

"Dammit we still haven't caught up to them," kiba said.
"This is taking a lot longer than I expected," I said.
"It's fine we will keep this distance and continue the pursuit," Shikamaru said.
"What do you mean?" Naruto asked.

"It means that we're going to postpone the attack until the sun rises."
"Are you kidding me?! We don't have time for that!" I shouted.
"Keiko that's a first you've raised your temper at my orders," Shikamaru said.
"Well sorry but we've come this far why wait?!" I shouted more.

"The only advantage we'll have when we attack in the dark is the single moment we attack, it won't work," Shikamaru said.

Sigh

~•~

It was now morning and we finally caught up with the the two other sound ninja. Geez about time.