Romance [Kiawe x Reader]

Well well well. It looks like Mama Dragon N had to make a request. This is for NdragonEyes. Since she's the fluff goddess, she had to request it. So here's to you amiga. (Ha! Look at me with proper female Spanish pronouns!)

Night time seems to be when all the romantic, cheesy stuff happens. Right? Moonlit walks, kisses through the night, snuggling in the evening, confessing under the moon. The stars and moon and dark blue skies just paint the picture of romance, doesn't it? But not for you. Night time alone doesn't paint your picture.

What does paint the picture for romance is passion. Is warm hands, eye contact, calm around you. Smiles, acceptance, hugs and kisses. Romance isn't just the scenery, it's the actions. Romance is something you've debated with yourself over all your years. But there isn't one thing both the left brain and right brain agreed upon.

You want it.

Being an Akala Islander, it wasn't hard for your brain and heart to agree to put all of your feelings on one person. But the bad thing about crushes is that they are one hundred percent without  doubt garunteed unattainable. Get a load of this. Your Crush is none other than the trial captain Kiawe.

Kiawe loved his job as trial captain just as much as he loved the fire type pokemon of Alola. He could follow his passions of both dance and Pokémon. He had everything that he wanted and/or needed! Well, except for one thing. 

There was this pretty and very special someone he has his eyes on. They were kind of eccentric when talking about something important to them. Like a spark igniting a fire. They moved with such elegance and when they got for flustered it was the most adorable thing in the whole region! Kiawe had a crush.

Kiawe would try to follow you when he can. Maybe try to talk to you, but he never could. You were always Spades out or playing with a Pokémon or with your family. He couldn't bring himself disturb you, but watch you. It seemed satisfactory to him. But not anymore. Maybe tonight he can finally take you on a date.

You were sitting on the edge of the volcano in Wela Volcano Park. It made you feel closer to the trial captain beinf here. The Marowak welcomes you here and sometime soon played with you here. It was night time, the most romantic part of the day. The moon was full and stars were twinkling. You hoped that deep down maybe Kiawe would be here. But that would never happen, right?

Kiawe saw you there. He smiled when he saw the Marowak cuddled up to you happily. You always were really good with Pokémon. Kiawe took then clursfe he built up in himself before coming here and walked over, sitting next to you. It was hilarious how you didn't even notice him there until he grazed your hand. You always did space out.

"Trial Captain Kiawe! I, uh, am I not allowed here? If so I can leave I-"

Kiawe rested his hand on yours, smiling at you. His eyes poured into your own. Your heart was racing. No way! No way no way no way! Warm smile? Check. Eye contact? Check. Calm all around you? Check! Smiles? Check! No way! No way no way no way no way no way no way no way!

"I don't need you to leave. In fact, I want you to stay. Tell me about yourself."

Acceptance? Check! This isn't happening in real life! It's a dream! It has to be! ... right? Kiawe sitting here, just enjoying being around you. Asking you about yourself. Wanting to know you. This was a big old dream, wasn't it? It had to be.

"Well, I'm (Your name) and a big fan. Heh..."

Kiawe's heart swelled. You're being shy and awkward. As much as he didn't want you doing thst with him, it was still adorable and it still made him smile warmly. He took his other hand and reached it out for the one you seemed to be fidgeting with. He held both of your hand so I'm his own so he can have your undivided attention. Greedy? Yes. But it was worth it.

"Anything else?"

Your heart was racing. Your blush was rising. Was the volcano getting to you? You didn't know because this was the best night of your life!

Again. Really bad. I am so sorry! I'm sorry!

~Eva