Hey, Don't Do It Please [Steven Stone x Suicidal!Reader]

Because I can't stop making you cry tonight. Be ready to hate me even more. STORYTIME.

Nobody else was on the rooftop of sky pillar today. That's great because that meant today was your day. Nobody to console or talk out of it. Just you here to meet your untimely death. You took all your Pokémon and set them free. Now they'll love happy for eternity. Now it's your turn to meet happiness. Maybe now you will feel it.

You stood at the edge, sling the breeze on your face. You didn't even dare look down below. You already knew what was down there. You felt yourself lean overnight the edge a little bit. Why were you hesitating? Did you expect someone to stop you like you stopped all those other kids? No. No one would care. Nobody would stop you from committing no your suicide. At least, hats what you thought.

"Hey! Don't do it please!"

A voice boomed out towards you. You stood up straight, turning around. It was nine other than the charming champion of the Hoenn region, Steve Stone. He jumped off of his Skarmory and rushed over to you. Wait, why was he rushing towards you? Why would the Champion care I feel someone as insignificant dies today? Oh, now will you look at this unsightly sight? He pulled you away from the edge and into a hug on your knees on the room of sky tower. His hand caressed your head, holding you close. 

"Please don't do it. I can't bear watching another person try and end their life here."

You were confused. Another person? It seems like Sky Pillar was a hotspots for suicidals. Steven held you close as if you were that family emmeber he probably had who jumped off of sky pillar. You decided to hug him back for his probable loss. He was projecting his image of that person onto you. That's the only reason why he cared, or so you thought.

Steven never had a family member who attempted suicide on Sky Pillar. In fact, no one he knew even tried to commit suicide even once. But he watched you talk so many people over this past week out of suicides. You were a hero. Why would a hero want to take their own life? He couldn't stand the thought of someone so kind wasting their one chance on this earth. He held you like you were precious because you probably meant something to those suicidal kids. If they heard you, the only person who dared console them, killed themselves who knew what they'd do? Steven won't let a perfectly good life's be taken tonight.

"You've been so kind, you have so much to live for. Please don't do it. Please just forget it. Nobody should die this way. Nobody should suffer this way."

You gently patted his back, firmly beleiveing this was the chanpion's Way of moruning. He pulled out of the hug and placed his hands on his shoulders, looking into your eyes. He was crying. Oh no, you made the Champion cry. Great. This just proved how awful of a person you were. You wiped a tear of his away, faking a smile at him. Steven sniffed and continued to talk to you.

"I saw you help those other children. I saw how kind you are. You are so helpful and have so much potential. Whatever is wrong, suicide isn't the answer. I promise it isn't. Don't do it, please? For me?"

You flinched. He knew? He wasn't just projecting someone else's memory onto you? He acts like he wants to help you and is interested in helping you, but that was probably a lie. Who would want to help you anyways? Your fake smile dropped and you felt a tear drip down your face. 

Oh my Arceus... 

What we're you doing!? Wasting your life like this!? Is this what you're parents wouldn't have wanted!? Is this pain really worth throwing away your only chance!? 

You felt a warm hand on your cheek, wiping the tears away from underneath your eyes. Finally, Steven was able to get through to you. He smiled and let out a breath of relief as you started to cry. The fact you were crying meant you regret your actions. That was good. Steven hugged you again, feeling his sleeve dampen as you hurried your face in it. He closed his eyes, content with his work. In between your sobs, he could hear you muttering one soft phrase.

"I'm sorry."

Steven simply rubbed your back and replied:

"It's okay. I'm here."

I am making so many people cry tonight. Why? Because im a horrible person. Sorry this sucks.

~Eva