Paper Slips [Wallace x Depressed!Reader]

Request by Joske27. I apologize for disappointing you in advance. I'm a terrible author, I know.

Wallace was just relaxing after a contest, drinking his favorite iced mocha at a table at his favorite coffee shop in Stoopolis, when he spotted you sitting near the water with your legs in. He swore he could hear you sobbing softly. You weren't too far from the edge and you didn't look like you wanted to go for a swim. Wallace sat up when he saw you take out a plastic bag. 

Wallace stood up, placed the iced mocha back on the table, and walked over to you. He placed  hand on your shoulder and watched you turn your heads to look at him. Tears stained your face, your eyes swollen and red, your lip was quivering, and your hair was falling and sticking all over to your face. Wallace sat down and brushed the hair out of your face.

"Hey, hey hey hey. What are you doing with thst bag, darling? Why are you here alone?" Boop

You sniffed, looking st the grocery bag. You took out a slip of paper and showed it to the gym leader and contest star. Wallace reluctantly took the paper and he read what was in the neat, cursive handwritting. What he read shocked him.

You are nothing more than worthless garbage. Nobody wants you around. You suck.

Wallace took the bag from your hands as you brought your own to your face, crying into them so you don't have to burden him with your problems and tears. Wallace put the slip of paper next to him on the ground and pulled out another one. This one had handwriting that looked like the font Rock Salt, the worst font to ever write an essay in. He read the paper, tears coming into his eyes.

I wouldn't be surprised if you cut yourself. If I was you, I would already have killed myself.

These were horrible, absolutely horrible. He pulled out three more of these slips of paper. Each of them had different handwritting and one of them was even in different colored paper than the others. These couldn't have been written by you, these had to be written by other people who were bullying you. Wallace couldn't believe how some people in this world could be so cruel.

You're ugly. No one will ever love you. Accept it. You'll be forever alone.

If I had a pokedollar for every time you made me want to die, I'd be rich.

You're a Febass with a pun everstone. You'll never evolve into Milotic. You're stuck enternally ugly. 

Wallace felt his own tears weld in his eyes. He looked up at you again in disbelief. Who would do such a thing to such a pretty person? This was unacceptable! Wallace took his arms and out them around you, the bag still hanging from his fingertips. There had to be dozens more paper slips in there, but he refused to look at any more. He let a tear slip from his eye as he whispered in your ear:

"Don't listen to them. You're gorgeous, you're loved, and you do deserve this life you've been giving. You have to show them you've been a beautiful Milotic all along, Darling, and that nobody can bring you down." Boop.

You were in disbelief, tears sliding off your face and falling into his shoulder. You hugged Wallace, the icon for fashion and contest spectaculars all across Hoenn and the Stoopolis gym leader, back. You hurried your face in his shoulder, so overcome by melancholy you couldn't take it. Once he broke the hug the took the bag and all the slips of paper in it. He poured them all into the water, bagged up the bag, and put it in his pocket. He then took the one slip of paper he put beside him. The one that read you're nothing but worthless garbage. He looked at you with deep, watery eyes.

"Darling, do you have a pen?" Boop

You nodded, reaching to your bag for a pen. Never go anywhere without one. You hand him the blue ink pen. He put the slip of paper on his leg and stretched out every single word on that slip of paper. He flipped it to the back and began to write a message for you. You read it as he wrote it over his shoulders.

You are beautiful, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Shine brighter and rise above it all. You are worth everything.

You wiped your eyes, lip quivering again. Wallace handed you the paper and you clothed it, holding it close to your heart. Wallace smiled, another tear leaving his eyes. He never remembered the last time he cried, this must be the first in a while. You didn't deserve to think such horrible things about yourself. You were a human being too. All human beings are wonderful and deserve the same chances at life as everyone else.

You are beautiful. Write that one on a slip of paper.

No matter who or where you are: you are loved. I can promise that. Even if you don't think so, I love you anyways.

~Eva