Royals [Harley x Reader]

I don't care what everyone else says, this guy is officially a queen. He is my queen. If he sticks his door out at me, I will kneel down and kiss his toes. He is majestic and beautiful and underrated. I'm thinking of making a book for this boi because he's such a queen. Would ya read it?

STORYTIME.

You stood in the waiting room for the contest. You weren't exactly the most confident contender. The fact that it was a surprise doubles contest Kaden it even more nerve wrecking. It was random pick, but you didn't have any friends in the contest business anyways. You just got drawn, now you were to see who your partner was.

"Miss (name) (last name) is with Harley Mammillaria."

You looked over and made eye contact with possibly the most outgoing and essentric man you have ever seen in your life. He wore a rather stylish outfit like a Cacturne's and he had long purple hair. You thought quickly about how he would look with pigtails or a braid. Oh, he was already standing in front of you.

"Hello sugar, name's Harley. Looks like we're partners."

You liked him already. At least he was friendly. You took his hand and shook it. You both left the waiting room so nobody could overhear you talking. Getting striagjt down to business, that was good. That was really good. You've seen Harley in contests before. You had a great feeling about this! Unless Drew and May somehow bu chance get paired together. Then you're screwed no matter what you do.

"Alright, so let's get down to the diddly doo. Sugar, you have no confidence. Don't even try to argue with me, I've seen you try and fail at asserting yourself. If this is gonna work between us you need some confidence."

You blinked. Wow, that was blunt and straightforward. Uh, what exactly do you say in this situation? Do you say anything at all? He wants you to be more confident, yet you don't really have anything to say in response to him. He made a task sound with his tongue. You looked back up a ton him and he was wagging his finger at you.

"See? That's the kind of crap you need to get over in a snap. Now, what Pokémon do you have? We need a good combination if we want to beat May, Drew, and the rest of the competition."

He leaned in, excited to see. You took out all six of your pokeballs. No harm letting him see the Pokémon fore himself, right? Besides, his team could learn from someone as great as Harley. You threw all the pokeballs up and your team showcased themselves to the fellow Hoenn coordinator.

"Let's see: Gardevior, Dustox, Seviper, Masquarain, Skitty, and Crowbat. Not bad. Seems like you favor poison types. Fun. Now, here's my team!"

Harley took out his six pokeballs. His Wigglytuff, Banette, Ariados, Octillery, Keceleon, And his prized partner Cacturne come out to greet your contest team. Right away you notice your Skitty was looking at Ariados. You see Harley, looking between the teams for good combinations. He said be confident, so why not try right now?

"Hey Harley? It looks like Skitty and Ariados get along. Maybe we can use the two of them together somehow?"

Skitty looked over st you and meowed happily. Ariados just nodded and looked over at his trainer. Wigglytuff pouted that it wasn't going to be used today, however he didn't want to pair up with any of your plebeian Pokémon. Spoiled rotten Wigglytuff, just like Veruca Salt. Hopefully it never has to face the dumpster. Harley tapped his index finger against his lips, humming. Maybe this could work...

"What's Skitty's move set?"

What was Skitty's move set? You were about to say when suddenly Skitty used copycat without you knowing. A bubblebeam shot up into the air. Ariados took the signal and shot a string shot within the bubblebeam from Masquarain's move set. The bubble stuck to the string. Then Skitty used attract. Hearts floated in and out of the bubbles, some getting stuck to the string. The two Pokémon looked at Harley for approvals. You also looked over at him for approval. Harley broke out into a big smile.

"Looks like we have our team darling! Pack the rest up for now, we can have a little pow-wow for moral support before the contest. You'll need it. Now, it's time to plan our performance!"

You finished retuning all of your Pokémon except Skitty. Skitty used her copycat for now. It was bubblebeam. Skitty also knew attract, shadow claw, and ice fang. Don't ask about the last one. Skitty was just Skitty. Skitty was runnin around in circles around Ariados. Ariados justness looked content watching the small pokemon be so hyperactive. Pokemon natures could be so funny to times. Then you looked back at Harley and he was inches in front of you. His hands were on your shoulders and his forhead was practically touching yours.

"Listen, I'm not losing this. I need you to be confident. I need you to be a queen. Be a freaking Royal. Show the judges who's boss. Got me sugar?"

You nodded. Pretend you're a queen, like you rule the stage. You're the queen and he's the king. Wait a second, wait a second! A wide smile spread over your lips as the creative gears in your brain finally started to work. You rushed over to Skitty and placed her on top of Ariados's back. You made sure she could stay stable before thinojg it in your head. Harley just rose Ann eyebrow, a smirk on his lips. Where was this going?

"King and Queen! Royals! That could be a theme! We could kind of do a Romeo Andy Juliet repunxel kind of thing! Think of it, setting the scene up with attract stuck to Ariados's sticky web lined with toxic thread. Skitty can use her temporary move bubblebeam from copycat to bring light into the scene. Skitty can jump onto Ariados's back as Ariados lifts them into the air and-"

You hardly realized you were pacing around to yourself, rambling on and making awkward hand gestures about your plans. Harley put his index finger on your lips, silencing you. You looked in his eyes. He had excitement springing inside of them and a wide smile playing at his lips. You couldn't help but smile along with him.

"Brilliant, Sugar, but let me do the choreography. You're better with the matching and theme. Also, loving the confidence. Try not to talk too fast."

Harley pressed a kiss to your forehead before walking over to Ariados and Skitty, trying out your backdrop plan. It didn't exactly look right. Maybe if the toxic string wasn't added to the sticky web and instead of sticky web they use data spider web with bubblebeam and attract attatched to it. Then Skitty can use assist and whatever she gets can be used to set the scene for whatever fairytale they do go for. Hmm. Maybe your idea wasn't so bad after all. But he still needed to be in control of dancing, movements, and Stageplay. He can deal with both of you two later. Now, the Pokémon come first.

You had a great feeling about this contest.

I have a great feeling about Harley. If you thought of the "all women are queens!" Vine at all during this, then you're awesome.

Sorry my writing sucks. I tried.

~Eva