Let's Play Together [Barry x Reader]

My oh my oh walk your way to Me. Clap your hands we're traveling to the Beat. Easy, easy, envy all you need. Dancing on without a clue. She's been a very blind girl.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You sat alone in the clovers. There was a nice little clover patch just barely inside Twinleaf town. It was behind a bunch of bushes and near the forest, but you didn't mind It. You sat there, picking clovers. You were just a little kid, making little wishes and In a little  patch of clovers. No older than five, no younger than three. You forget what age you are.

So you sat there's, plucking plants from the ground and prying the little leafs off of them, hoping that's maybe it would work like flower divination. What you wished for with each pluck? Someone to play with. Momma is never home. She's always out on dates. Papa is never home either. He is constantly at work. And when he doesn't work, he sleeps. You have no siblings, not do you have any Pokémon around the house. It's just you. You were so terribly lonely.

That's when a boy your age, or at least around whatever age you were, fell through the bushes with a stumble. He had blonde hair and amber eyes. He groaned and sat up. His eyes locked with yours. Both of you were silent. That's when a smile spread on the little boy's lips. He stood up excitedly.

"Wow! And I thought me and Dawn were the only kids in Twinleaf town! Hey! You! Let's Play Together!"

You looked down at the many clover petals covering your legs. You smiled, the first smile in a long time. You stood up and approached the little boy, smiling at him. He just grinned an innocent grin. He still had a childhood. You never were gifted with one. Yet you decided to act innocent today.

"Yeah! Let's Play Together!"

🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

"So (name), how old even are you anyways?"

You both were in Barry's backyard, swinging on his tire swing together. Dawn was with her moms in Nearthome City for the month while getting ready for a big contest spectacular so it was just you two for a while. It has been about half a year since you met Barry at that clover patch. Your parents still don't give you any attention. Your Mom Still goes on dates. Your Dad never leaves his cycle of sleep and work. You still are neglected by everyone. Well, everyone except Barry. You still didn't real,y know how old you were. When was your birthday again?

"I dunno. Why don't you choose?"

Barry was taken aback. You don't know how old you are!? Well then, Barry can fix that. Now, just how old does he want you to be? His ideal best friend was the exact same age as him! That's it! You both can be five years old together. He extended his hands yo point at you, but accendentally flicked your nose. You flinched, but didn't say anything. He just continued with his  thought process.

"Then we are the same age! From this day forward, you are five years old!"

You giggled, swinging the swing a little higher. Barry laughed, holding onto the rope a little more. You both kicked your legs happily, just enjoying eachother's company innocently.  Two innocent kids having innocent fun together. What could be better than this? What could be better than okaying together?

💛💛💛💛💛💛

"Happy birthday Barry!"

Everyone chimed. You joined them since You really didn't have anyone else to be around. Momma moved out with her new husband, Papa is still working around the clock, and Barry was turning six years old. You watched him with a calm smile blow out his candles. Dawn was jumping around excitedly and a family friend if Barry's family's kid was also there. What was his name? Lucas?

"So Barry, what did ya wish for?"

Dawn and Lucas cheered at the same time. The Two still five year olds looked at eachtoher blankly. They just basically used mirror move on eachother. Barry looked up, thinking. His mother was getting every moment of this on camera for future use. Then Barry's amber eyes met yours. A wide smile spread over his lips.

"I wish for everyone to play together today!"

Lucas and Dawn cheered. The parents all went 'aww'. You just smiled, casting your eyes to the floor. Lucas and Dawn would probably drag him around and you'd just follow. Not that you'd mind. As long as you actually are around people who care about you it's better than at home. But when Barry hushed everyone you looked back up at him, confused.

"I wasn't done yet! I also wished for things to be better with (name)'s Papa soon and her Momma comes back from vacation!"

Of course, that's the lie his mom told him when you said your mom moved away. You felt heat rising to your little kids cheeks. Dawn and Lucas both looked over at you. They then grew wide smiles on their own mouths.

"Yeah!"

"We wish for (name) too!"

You clutheced your hands close to your heart. You felt tears welding up in your eyes. Barry jumped out of his seat and walked up to you. He tapped both Dawn and Lucas on the shoulder. Both five year olds nodded and closed in on you, giving you a big group hug.

One of your years landed on Barry's shoulder.

💚💚💚💚💚💚

You and Barry were at lake Veriety. You had your let's dupped in the water and you were a good ways away from the tall grass. Barry was kicking his legs and humming s little nursery rhyme happily. You just watched the ripples in the water, allowing it to calm you. Just you and Barry here, huh? That's rare nowadays. It was nice too. Nice to just be you and Barry.

"Hey! (Name)! You never told me when your birthday was!"

Barry cheered, still kicking his legs in the water. He was trying to see if he could make a splash big enough to hit you with. He just was wondering no it since everyone was having their birthdays. He turned six a few months ago, Lucas had his birthday a few weeks ago, and Dawn's birthday was in a couple of days. So? When was yours? You simply lifted your head to look him in the eyes and said it.

"Oh, I dunno. You can make one for me I guess."

Barry gasped. You didn't have an age now you didn't have a birthday!? Plus your Mom has been on vacation for almost half a year now and your dad is never around! That had to be, like, the worst thing ever! Lucky for you the firnedlt neighborhood Barry ash here to make everything all better! His ideal friend had to be the same exact age as him, so what better to ensure that with having the same birthday. He splashed both of his legs down in the water at the "aha" moment. He didn't even care that he finally managed to splash you a little bit.

"Then next year we can share a birthday! It will be great because we get double the cake, double the presents, and double the fun!"

You just nodded. Okay, sharing a birthday with Barry could be fun. Barry then splashed both of his legs down at the same time super hard. Many drops of water landed on your face. You squinted your eyes shut to make sure it didn't get in. Barry cheered victoriously as if the first time never happened.

"Ha ha! I did it!"

💙💙💙💙💙💙

You sighed, leaning back. You gazed at the clouds as the moved across the sky. Barry was over hanging with Dawn And Lucas in Sandgem town. Your Dad had rules so you can't leave Twinleaf town unless it's to Lake Veriety. That way he knows where you are. It isn't that he's a bad man, he just doesn't have time for you. So you laid back and watched the clouds in then sky in your little clover patch.

It was lonely without Barry. It made you realize how much you relied on him. I mean, you hardly ever spend time without him. You eat over stuff their place and soemtimes sleep over. Barry gave you an age, a birthday, and literally everything. Barry was your everything. And it all started with three simple words.

"Let's Play Together!"

💜💜💜💜💜💜

Can you Read the blackboard as clear as can be? Can you read his mind, see that kid's lost fantasy? Can you find the one who dyed his red heart to black. Hey who could it be? Hey someone tell me!

~Eva