True Beauty [Burgh x Reader]

Yay! I can finally do Burgh! He is so underrated and everybody should love him as much as I do! STORYTIME!

True Beauty isn't what makeup you wear, what clothes you dress in, how skinny you are, or how you pretend to be to make friends. True Beauty comes from the inside, where it counts. True Beauty is being you, True Beauty is laughing at what you think is funny, True Beuaty is soekaing your mind when it's right, True Beauty is being yourself. Not many people in Unova can grasp this concept, but Burgh is one of them.

Living in a Busy city, you have to appreciate how it is. Everybody is cranky and trying to act better than they are, which Burgh doesn't like. Nobody embraces their True Beauty in Castelia city. That's why he always goes to take a break in Pinwheel Forrest, just outside of the city. In fact, the Castelia Bridge connects to it!

In the forest, it's very calm. Pokemon are scurrying everywhere and the few people that are there remain peaceful. The Forest is the perfect place to capture True Beauty. That's why Burgh likes to stay there rather than his own city. That's why Burgh prefers to draw in these environments rather than in his own gym.

So Burgh would find a nice place to sit, just like now. He would grab whatever art supplies he brought with him and set it out in a methodical way in his preference. Then he would grab a pencil and his sketchbook and start drawing whatever he sees. Wether it's Pokémon or not. Wether it's trees or not. It could be just tall grass. It could be a scene with lots of Pokémon playing around. Who knows? But whatever it was, it was itself. And nature being itself is always True Beauty.

You were walking through Pinwheek forest to get to Castelia City for your gym challenge. You decided to take the forest because there were a lot pf pokemon you could battle mercilessly to level up your own. Someone said the next one was bug type, so you and your Servine needed every level you could get.

While trudging on you saw a man with his back to a tree and a bunch of colored pencils and markers spread out before him. He was sitting so his knees were used as a flat surfsce to keep his sketchbook on. He had a very happy smile and he seemed perfectly content listening to the sounds of Pinwheel Forest. You looked to what was opposing to him and saw a large tree with sewaddle sleeping at the base around a big swadloon. It made you smile. 

Burgh looked up and saw a trainer standing there with a Servine at their side and happily gazing at the subject of his creativity. They then met his eyes, not realizing that they disturbed him. Burgh chuckled to himself and put down the sketchbook. He had the rough sketch done anyways. Next was lineart with the pencil so he can trace into with black sharpie and then coloring base values and then adding value with lighting. It was a process, but he could use a break.

"Hello. My name is Burgh, it's be wonderful to know your name."

Burgh stood up and Approached you. He had his hand extended for a handshake. Servine seemed really happy and so did you. You shook his hand and flashed him a smile, possibly to try and rival him. Servine looked over at the tree with the sleeping Pokémon and found a place where he could rest with them. It was adorable. Burgh would have to add that to his sketch.

"Oh, my name is (Your name)! Burgh, as in, Castelia City gym leader Burgh?"

It was great to Be recongnized, but 90% of the time it was for his status as gym leader and not because of his art or because of him as himself. Titles were another thing in the way of True Beauty. Maybe starting with this trainer he can change that. If they know him as the cool bug type trainer who draws instead of Gym Leader Burgh Maybe Be his True Beauty can finally show too.

"If you prefer. I just like being called Burgh. Here, come over here. It's nice to have some human company while I draw. Do you want a sketchbook to draw in?"

Burgh lead you over to his little tre and made room for you in his scatter of art supplies. Any color you could name, there was a colored pencil for it. Then the whole normal color spectrum was in markers. He had sharpies in thin point and regular. He had it made! You looked up at the view he was sketching and you lost your breath. It was beautiful, and it had a better angle from here.

"Woah."

Burgh looked over at you. Your eyes filled with sense of wonder. He smiled and looked down. Servine was curled up on the left side with three of the Sewaddle. With some erasing and modifications to the background, he could add Servine in. He was doing just that. He could feel your gaze over his shoulder after a while of doing the first lineart. He looked over Stay you and saw you jerk your head away in embarrassment. It made him chuckle again. You were an adorable person. Your True Beauty was shining brightly.

"If you want to watch me draw that's fine (Your name)."

You look back over at him, face still a little red. You looked at the sketch as he finishes the last line of the lineart. He tucks the pencil behind his ear and reaches for the thin point sharpie. It was a little far from him so you grabbed it and handed it to him. He thanks you nonverbally and opens it and starts with the finer details inside the Sewaddle. He was adding more detail than he did with the pencil! He was incredible!

"Woah, you're really good at art!"

Burgh smiled at the compliment. It was a genuine. He could hear the awe in your voice. He finished with the first Sewaddle leaf before looking back up at you. He closed the thin point sharpie because he didn't know how long he would talk to you. We can't have it drying out on him now can we?

"Well thank you. I like to try and capture everything I can. Nature doesn't have to put up a disguise to be accepted by society because Nature has its own laws of society. In other words, Nature is one hundred percent True Beauty. Nature is itself. I love that."

Burgh leaned back on the tree. You did the same and looked at the sleeping Pokémon one of the Sewaddle were waking up, but it saw Burgh and stayed in place. It chirped at him and waved it's little body like an arm at him. Burgh waved back with a smile. He then opened his thin point sharpie and started outlining and adding detail again.

What Burgh said about disguises and True Beauty... he was right. People act different ways in front of strangers than they do with people they trust. Everyone is in a facade just to be accepted by others. That wasn't Beautiful, being yourself was. 

Maybe there's more important thing than gym battles....

1214 words. There we go! That's good! I just wish my writing was better. Well, I hoped you like it. Leave feedback and leave requests please!

~Eva