If you Want it - Chapter 3

Just got back from classes, so here's today's chapter. I'm going to be updating today's chapter of 'To be at Peace with Yourself' as well, so you guys reading both get a double shot~

Chapter Warnings: Kidnapping, depression

***

Goth sank into the chair of his school desk as he once more reviewed the information he knew so far. Sadly, it wasn't much.

Palette was last seen leaving his class Thursday afternoon, making today a week since he disappeared. There are currently no clues of where he is or what might have happened to him.

The small skeleton had looked all over the school and asked everyone he thought might provide a lead for any clues to his disappearance. His parents, Palette's parents, and he had also searched their neighborhoods.

No notes, no words, no belongings left behind, no dust... Goth was personally thankful for that.

Palette's still alive, dad told me he never appeared on the reaping list, so he has to be out there somewhere. Monsters don't just disappear into thin air... but what if he left by choice?

Goth pressed his skull into his hands, wracking his mind for something, anything to sway the idea from his mind.

No, he wouldn't leave everyone behind like that. He loved being here... at least, he acted like he did...

"Hey Goth!"

A tired eye light glanced up at his friend Cray, in a cheerful mood that was the mirror opposite of Goth's. Cray's smile fell at his haggard appearance, "Still haven't found any leads, huh?"

Goth laid his head on the desk in silent answer, burying his skull in his arms as his emotions burned out once again, a sadly growing occurrence in the wake of Palette's disappearance.

His moods lately seemed to fluctuate between emotionally numb or sobbing mess... neither of which was healthy, but his nerves had been pushed to their absolute limit, causing the small skeleton to slowly break down with each day of Palette's absence. 

Today was looking to be an 'emotionally numb' day.

As usual, Cray would sit with him, attempting to comfort him... and as usual, it did little to ease his mind. The bell rang and class started... Goth's head never rose from the desk once and no one dared to make him raise it.

Not after the last time.

---

"Dammit!" Cray cursed as he slammed his fist into the brick wall next to him. His knuckles throbbed from the impact, but he barely paid it any mind.

Even when Palette isn't around to get in the way, he's still interfering with any progress I try to make with Goth.

The small skeleton had been the object of his affections since they were children, but Goth was forced to move away two years into their friendship.

By the time Cray had reunited with his crush, he'd already become attached to the starry-eyed skeleton known as Palette. Cray's only saving grace had been the colorful skeleton's obliviousness towards Goth's affection.

Now, though, it was painful to look at how broken Goth was without him. His eye sockets seemed to droop more and more each day from lack of quality sleep, he'd lost all passion or motivation for anything not involving his search for Palette, and he didn't even look like he was eating properly, if at all.

He clearly isn't taking care of himself and at this rate, if things keep going on like this, Goth will eventually self-destruct.

As much as I hate that deliriously spastic little goober for stealing Goth's affection, his happiness is more important to me... and if that means Palette has to come back, then so be it.