If you Want it - Chapter 5 (End)

Chapter Warnings: Kidnapping, implied sexual assault, panic attack

***

Once Palette was freed of the ropes, Goth and another officer helped him up the stairs and out of the house to his waiting family and an ambulance.

Bridgette and her brothers were already gone, on their way to the police station to be processed for juvenile detention. It was probably a safe bet that they would be expelled from their school and forbidden contact with the two skeletons and their families.

Both teens hoped that would be the case, at least.

After the initial tearful reunion, parental fussing, and some scolding toward Goth for running into danger, the four monsters loaded into the ambulance. 

The drive to the hospital was a quiet one with Goth and Palette nodding off, sleeping peacefully for the first time all week. Once they arrived, Ink and Dream didn't have the soul to wake them up since they both looked so tired, opting to carry them into the hospital for Palette to be checked on.

Other than some inconspicuous bruising on his legs, wrists, and ribs, some bite marks around his neck and collarbone, and general weakness, Palette was deemed healthy.

Afterward, Palette had to be woken for a police officer to take his statement of the incident. It took a minute to calm him down before they could proceed. His stuttered recounting of the week angered and upset both parents. They were both glad Goth was sound asleep for the explanation. If he heard what Bridgette had done over the course of the week, he might have decided to make good on the threat they'd heard over the police radio.

If not for the legal repercussions, they would be tempted to let him.

Once Palette's bites, bruises, and the cut on his neck along with the cut on Goth's cheek were treated and his statement was recorded, the group was free to leave. Palette insisted on walking on his own despite his fatigue. His parents let him, sensing there was more to it than simple pride.

It was getting dark outside by the time they walked through the sliding door, with nightfall slowly closing in. 

As Ink created a portal to take Goth home, Palette softly interjected, "Can... can he stay the night? I d... don't want to be... be alone. I know you'll be there, and it's... it's a school night, but... but I..." 

Both parents watched in dismay as their son stammered out various excuses while fighting down the urge to cry. "Of course, let me make sure it's okay first," Ink soothed, shifting Goth in his grip to pull out his phone to text the small skeleton's parents. 

Within minutes they were teleporting home, where Geno and Reaper stood by the front door holding a bag containing spare clothes and other necessities along with his backpack for school the next day.

Reunion or no, Goth still had his priorities as a student.

After giving their sleeping son a kiss on the forehead and a few kind words of relief to Palette and his parents, Goth's parents teleported back home.

The small skeleton was relocated to the couch, his hooded jacket and scarf removed and set aside on a chair while Palette went with his mom to get changed into some more comfortable and clean clothes. Returning to the living room, Palette was surprised that Goth was still asleep, but didn't question it as Dream helped him onto the couch.

If Goth's gaunt appearance is anything to go by, it's probably been a stressful week for him too.

With blankets and pillows acquired, he was bid goodnight as Ink shut the light off, leaving the hallway light on just in case.