Fright Night - Alternate Ending: Divided We Fall

Funny how a simple action, or lack thereof, changes everything... mind the warnings and Happy Halloween~

Chapter Warnings: Character death, blood (and marrow), violence, swearing

***

"Goth!"

Palette shoved Goth to the ground; the flashlight slipped from the smaller's hand, creating a strobe effect against the walls of the foyer as it rattled against the floorboards. No one had time to react to the rough treatment as a rain of knives flew down the hallway, sinking themselves into the taller skeleton's torso, arms, and legs as well as the locked door behind him. He let out a choked gurgle and coughed violently, spraying marrow across the front of his beige scarf as his balance wavered.

Lotus screamed as Rurik glanced between the staggering skeleton and the hallway, exclaiming, "What the hell?!"

Goth ignoring them, scrambling to his knees as Palette collapsed against the door, painting it with bright red vertical streaks as they slid down. "No... please no...," the hooded monster pleaded, crawling toward his companion as his eye light darted frantically across the multitude of knives littering their jacket and pants; dismayed that there were too many injuries to even begin applying pressure, he broke down crying, "I'm so sorry, I should have-"

"It's okay...," Palette whispered, trying to smile through pain-induced tears as he tiredly laid his hand on Goth's, "I'm just ha- *cough*... happy you're... not hurt... p... please... run..." Before the smaller could respond, his sockets fluttered and fell shut as his body went limp.

"Palette? Palette!" Goth screamed, vigorously tapping the taller's cheek to rouse them with no success, "Please wake up!" He pulled the unconscious body carefully into a hug, oblivious to the marrow staining his clothes as tears streamed down his face and he wailed in misery.

"We're all going to die...," Lotus mumbled, clutching his flashlight to his chest and leaning heavily into the wall behind him as it began flickering again.

"Shut up!" Rurik snarled, grasping his skull, "We'll be fine! I just need a minute to think-"

Lotus rounded on him with a panicked expression, "There's nothing to think about! We're trapped with an Oni who's only becoming more active the longer we're stuck here and she's already killed Palette!"

"He's not dead ye-!"

The crying in the background was abruptly replaced by a harsh gagging noise, catching the pair's attention; an emaciated woman with flat, stringy black hair barely brushing her shoulders, a light brown spaghetti strap dress splattered with bloodstains, and an angry red laceration winding up her left arm stood with her back to them while lifting Goth into the air. The skeleton was struggling for all he was worth, clutching at his throat and gasping desperately as the bones in his neck creaked.

"H....he... lp...," Goth choked out, his eye light shifting towards the pair as fresh tears glimmered in the flashing lights. Rurik's expression hardened as he grabbed Lotus' hand, dashing past the ghost down the hallway as the captive skeleton's desperate plea followed them, "Pleeeaaaaah-"

*SNAP*

Lotus choked on a gasp, covering their mouth as Rurik reached for the patio door; he wanted to rage when it proved just as useless as the other exit. Backtracking into the hallway, he rushed them through the dining room to the garage door only to find it locked as well. Picking up one of the chairs and swinging it at the nearby window, the wood splintered as the shards harmlessly rebounded off the unmarked glass; throwing down the broken legs, he screamed, "What the hell is this place?!"