Curing What Ails You - Chapter 2 (End)

Ooh boy, this was an interesting chapter to write...

Chapter Warnings: Sensual massaging

***

"Rurik, no; I'm tired and you're still sick," the smaller chastized, holding onto their wrists once he pried their hands off, "you need to rest and recover your strength."

"But I've been resting all daaay," the taller whined, but their inability to break Lotus' grip only served to prove his point, "come ooon; I can't settle down for the night like this!"

Lotus stared at the sick skeleton in silent contemplation; Rurik was behaving for the most part and was probably going stir crazy from their lack of activity today. While Lotus didn't quite understand how touching him helped with their hypersexual disorder, there was no denying the allowances seemed to afford his companion more self-control; despite their combined fatigue, he decided to make a concession, "Fine... if you can promise to stay above the pelvis, I'll let you touch. Nothing involving souls or kissing either; I know you and the last thing you need is to be exerting yourself, plus I don't want to catch your bug."

"Really?" Rurik pepped up, his starry eye lights nearly shining.

"Yeah...," Lotus had to fight down a blush as he released the taller's wrists and picked up the dishes, "let me get these put away first; you go ahead and get comfortable."

Receiving an enthusiastic nod, the smaller made his way into the kitchen. As Lotus rinsed the bowls and placed them into the dishwasher for a more thorough cleaning later, he felt his pulse rising in anticipation; he closed his sockets, focusing on the quickening beats. Maybe he had simply come to terms with Rurik's personality quirks, but something felt different this time; he wasn't dreading the moment for whatever reason. Why that was, he couldn't quite put a finger on it... maybe-

"Loootus...?"

The drawl of Rurik's voice pulled him from his thoughts and he closed the dishwasher, drying his hands off in the process before returning to his partner. "You were taking so long, I was beginning to think you fell into the dishwasher," the monster joked, holding their arms out in eager invitation, "are you ready now?"

"Yeah...," Lotus responded, sitting next to the skeleton's reclined body close enough to where they could easily reach him; he didn't want to put his full weight on them, so this would be a good compromise. The taller's arm wrapped around him, hooking under his arms, but he was startled when he felt himself being pulled into a straddling position on Rurik's torso.

The sick skeleton let out a small grunt, prompting Lotus to attempt to get off. A pair of hands held him in place, trembling lightly as Rurik gently commanded, "Don't; I want you here."

"But I'm too heavy... it's uncomfortable, right?" Lotus countered with uncertainty, watching his companion for signs of distress.

The taller shook their skull, a small smirk spread along their face, "Nope, you're light as a feather." Before Lotus could reply, they were already tracing the outline of his ribs through his hoodie, eliciting a gasp that had him clamping his mouth shut. He flushed as their smirk grew wider; what was it about that cocky grin that always got him so flustered?

He took slow, deep breaths as Rurik teased at his ribs and sternum, the touches leaving trails of heat in their wake. Slipping their hands under his hoodie, the monster lightly caressed the sensitive inner curves of his lower ribs, successfully earning a stuttering exhale.

"You're really tense; was work difficult today?" the taller purred, gradually making their way to his spine.

The question threw him off, but he tried his best to keep his voice level as he admitted, "K... Kind of... I haaa... had two extra sectors today and I- hnnn... I had to k... keep bouncing back anNNNH-"