Ch 2 - rival and friend

Obito POV-

I'm a 31 year old shinobi!
I started the 4th ninja war!
Became the 10-tails jinchuuriki, and so much more!!!
But still...but still I'm not able to catch Tora?!??

Our mission had been a simple one: Catch the runaway cat Tora.
I remembered Tora clearly. To the ones that had been asigned the mission to catch Tora, he was known as 'the demon cat of Konoha'
I admit...it is fitting.

I had charged right after him.. like I would do when I was 13...and the result? The result was, that Rin was now trying to heal the many, many, MANY scratches I got across my face.

'Why did I have to be this stupid as a kid??' I thought, and got surrounded by a despressing cloud. My depressed State only made Rin laugh. Not that it irritated me... I've missed her laugh so much..I felt like crying, but held it in, not knowing what I would use as an exuse if I started to cry...and Kakashi would just start yelling at me.

'I wonder...If I don't die, will Kakashi's personality change?' I thought, since it was my "death" that had caused him to change and begin to value his comrades.
But in the meantime I think I will change just a little from who i used to be...

"Kakashi?" I asked. He was giving me cold glares, probably because he thought I was a weakling.

"What?" He asked in that cold tone, that he used to use.

I like the 32 year old Kakashi better-
"Just wanted to say thanks, Y'know, for helping me back there" I said with the biggest grin I could muster with all of the scratches.
...
...
Ahh C'mon!
Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy!
- Well okay, I kinda understand Why... I'm never nice to Kakashi.. at this age I would try to pick a fight with him every chance I got, but that's gonna change now!

I had realized that Kakashi weren't just a teammate, he was one of my best friends.
- sure we fought a lot, but who cared, I had looked up to him since the academy, and always wanted to be his friend.
But since he was always so cold, I quickly gave up on becoming his friend and decided to be his rival instead, though it was a one-sided rivalry.

I looked around at the others, awaiting some kind of response.
Kakashi seemed to think.
Minato was giving me a proud smile.
Rin was giving me a very happy smile.

Rin had always wanted me and Kakashi to be friends.
I know she didn't really enjoy being in a team of constant conflict.

"You're welcome" Kakashi finally responded.

Minato POV-

I was happy.
It was just a couple of sentences, but maybe Obito was actually trying to be nice.
It didn't look like he didn't mean it.

I had tried for a long time to talk to both of them about their behavior. None of them listened, but maybe I got trough to them!

Aaaah, I shouldn't get my hopes too high up.

"Hey guys!"
It was the voice of my wonderful wife Kushina.
She had made it a rutine to meet us after trainings and missions, and bring us lunch.
"I got lunch for you!" She said and lifted up a big basket, that was probably filled with food.

"Yayyy! Thank you Kushina! I love the food you make!" Rin Said and ran up to Kushina who then immediately hugged her tight, telling her that she was such a good girl, and cute, and so on.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

"Did Obito Seem different to you?" Kushina suddenly asked me while she was knitting a long green scarf.
"Different? Well he's a lot nicer to Ka-".

"No that's not what I meant".

"Huh? Then I don't understand..".

"He just seemed kind of serious, and tense...".

"Did he?! I-I didn't notice..".

"Hmmm...Well he was just so quiet, he didn't act up at all, and well, he was just tense when being talked to...".

"How didn't I notice that...?".

Now that Kushina told me, I could see it; He had been very tense and in deep thought all day.
He said it was because he was tired,
but I knew, that when Obito got a problem he always covered it up.

"Maybe you should talk to him If it dosn't change..".

"No...I'll visit him tommorow..".

"Well that's a bit hasty!".

"I know but this happened from one Day to the other. I just wanna make sure that nothing is wrong...".