Ch 44 - Naruto's first words

Third person POV-

"Bwaagahaaa~iaaa~" baby naruto said while sitting securely in obito's lab.

Naruto was 11 months old now, and he had grown especially fond of obito in particular, which was something obito didn't mind in the least.

"You're pretty talkative today aren't you? Huh? Yeah you a-" obito stopped talking in his baby voice when his eyes caught Rin smiling at his interactions with naruto at the other side of the coffee table.
He quickly averted his eyes again and proceeded to clear his throat.

"Good baby" obito said awkwardly and patted naruto lighty on his small head.

"B-B—mmm" naruto began speaking again, though this time he seemed more concentrated on what he was trying to say.

"Hm?"

"Aww look, he wants to keep your conversation going" Rin said while trying to conceal her giggles behind her hand.

"Ahaa? Is that right naruto?"

"B-bi..bbb"

"Yeah?" Obito Said lightheartedly, he truly just expected naruto to spit a nonexistent word out like he had done the previous 11 months of his life.

"B..Bito...a-bito.. A-bito.." Naruto said, his eyes and voice filled with joy.

It was a mispronunciation.
But it was still clear what naruto had been trying to say...

A-bito is surely the mispronunciation of Obito...

But instead of being overjoyed at this Obito was terrified.
After all he knew how Kushina was about this whole "first word" thing.

"N-No no..that's not a word we wanna say right?" Obito said kindly, trying to maje sure not to sadden the Sweet baby.

But Naruto was a baby...so No Way he's listen to Obito.

"A-BITO!!" Naruto now shouted, loud enough for Kushina, who was working in the kitchen, to hear.

Then a few seconds went by and Obito could swear he heard someone sharpen a knife.

"I can't believe you'd just get me killed like that.." obito told the baby who actually began looking a tiny bit confused as to what was gonna happen now.
Then obito looked up at Rin, looking for some sort of help.

She shrugged, unsure of what to do.

Then they heard footsteps. Loud..booming..footsteps.
Footsteps belonging to one Kushina Namikaze Uzumaki.

It was then that Rin mouthed the word 'Run'.
And after quickly giving Naruto to Rin and just barely dodging a kitchen knife flying through the air, Obito bolted.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Obito plummeted on his bed after he quickly made it home.

"That kid he...ah... I love him but boy how does he make life tough sometimes.."

A few minutes went by..or maybe hours obito didn't check, he heard a few knocks on his door.

"Obito?" It was Tenzou quietly sneaking his way into the room.

"Mmm?"

"The hokage is Here to see you"
And on cue Minato walked in, quietly saying "how many times have I told you? Just call me Minato"
He ruffled Tenzou's hair and then closed the door.
Only to turn around and see obito quietly and discreetly clumping our the window.

"Hold it"

"Ahaha..I thought it wouldn't work but it was worth a shot.." obito said and decided to sit on his desk by the window.

"You've has a tough day I heard?"

"You're son is probably as problematic here as he was in my timeline"

Minato laughed at the poor joke and sat on the office chair by the desk obito was seated on.
"I know...but I can calm you with the fact that Kushina has already calmed down, she's just a bit salty as of now"

"Yeah well I understand why!" Obito said with a bit of a fake laugh..

"....why are you so down about this?"

"Ah..I just...reality just crashed down you know? Naruto and I have bonded this much...and..well everyone is safe"

"But-?"

"Is that enough? Is what I've done here enough for me to...to have such a happy life as of now?...with all I've done..I just-"

"With all you've done?? Hm? In my book you haven't done a thing?"

"....huh?"

"You've said it yourself...this is a new timeline..a new reality...an alternative universe...a place where you haven't committed any crimes"

"I-I suppose you're right..."

"There will always be a but to practically everything...but that's okay...I just ask of you...live in the now"

"I'll...I'll try.."

"Aaand by living in the Now it would be very ok for you to invite Rin out and-"

"OH bOy I aM hUnGrY!!! Was Kushina making dinner?! In which case I bet we better get going!"
And before minato could say more about the matter obito was out of the door and he heard a faint "coming along Tenzou?"

Minato was left alone shaking his head humanistically.
"You've chooser well naruto...he'll be good for you when you'll be growing up. I'm sure if it"

XxXxXxXxXxXxX
A/N

~guess who's back! Back again! Scarlet's back! Tell a friend!~

So I gotta be honest I loved all of the many guesses you had on what Naruto's first word would be.

But I wanna build a very strong Bond between Naruto and Obito and I though this would be a very good place to start.

Anyway!
See ya next time~~