Ch 42 - babysitter

Obito POV-

'I was a Genin.
Became chunin.
Became S-class criminal.
Turned around.
Died.
Traveled back to my chunin days...
And now I ended up becoming a babysitter...life can be so unpredictable...' my thoughts ran wild as I walked back and forth with a whimpering naruto.

It had only been a month since he was born, and everyone knowing of naruto's status as jinchuuriki continued to be baffled.
Myself included.

This whole bafflement didn't become better either.
Kushina has fallen sick.
Nothing lethal.
I had checked, she had most certainly lost 50% of the nine tails, the Yang half, which now resided within baby naruto.
So Kushina was sick due to the changing seal, as it was adjusting itself to hold only half of what it used to.

But with Kushina sick and minato having to switch between hokage life and home life they needed a babysitter.

Why Minato thought it'd be best to hire the Ex-S-class criminal is beyond me...

But.. I gotta admit it was kinda nice.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Third person POV-

"-In through the window a moonbeam comes. Little gold moonbeam with misty wings. All silently creeping, it asks, 'Is he sleeping, Sleeping and dreaming while mother sings?'

Up from the sea there floats the sob
Of the waves that are breaking upon the shore,
As though they—"

"Awwwwww!" Rin exclaimed as she saw her teammate and friend obito rocking baby naruto while reading a goodnight story called 'Japanese lullaby' aloud for him.

She had come by to take over as babysitter.
Kushina was feeling particularly bad that day, and obito needed sleep therefor they can constructed shifts.

"No, no no no no. No awww" obito said in a hushed tone careful not to wake the baby who was already half asleep.

"Here I'll put him to bed, and then You can put yourself to bed" Rin said as she carefully pulled naruto into her arms, and started walking to the infirmary.

"These shifted don't make any sense..i have told you that sleep isn't necessary for me to stay healthy, Thanks to the hashirams cells" obito said and gestures to his right arm, turned white due to the first hokage's unusual cells.

"That doesn't mean you can't sleep" she said tugging naruto into the crib.
"You've been at it for hours, you must be tired, especially since it's naruto you've been taking care of" age continued.

Everyone had already figured out that naruto suffered from ADHD or something.

"Y'know what, it's stupid arguing about this" obito ended it, he knew that he and Rin had at least gotten better at getting into arguments since he traveled back. So now he was better at ending it before it turned into a big deal.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

They had now put naruto into his crib.
And so the two of them had taken a seat in the couch in the living room.

"Is it wrong for me to wish that you'd quickly forget that you're from the future?" Rin said very suddenly after a while of sitting in silence.

"You mean the memory erasing thing that's been going on every time I change something?"

"Mmhmm.."

Obito sighed before answering. "That's not wrong. Y'know.. I wish so myself"

Rin's head whipped towards him in slight shock?
"You do? Why? I mean..it's your entire life.."

Obito let out a bitter laugh.
"Life? That was no life...not really. When I died I had nothing left in the world, I had no legacy. Only the trauma I pushed onto the world.
Now? Now I want that life to disappear, so I can live for real...for the first time...to live without that guilt...that would be the best.."

"And life? What do you want it to be?"

"Well..first of all i still Want to be hokage, just in a bit of a different Way, this time it is not for the title or my ego...second..I suppose a family would be nice.....I know it's not much to go off by...but I think life takes you where you're supposed to go..."

"I think those are good goals obito. And I'm glad to know you still want to be hokage...I hope you still remember your promise" she joked.

"Hahahh..well I know I'm not hokage yet, but haven't I already saved the world...like..once in every time Line" obito laughed and Rin joined in with a giggle.

"Then just keep at it obito! Even when or if your memories should disappear. I'll remember that you've already done it twice"

Obito eyes watered a bit at her kindness.
He didn't understand why he'd been so easy to tears ever since traveling back her.
If it was just Rin?
The guilt?
Or everything..?

"Thank you Rin... I'm not sure you've ever really realized how much you meant to me. How much you believed in me..when no one else did.."

"Of course I know...you might've not said it outright..but there's not always a need for that...just the look on your face back then...when we made that promise.."

"...Rin I-"

Obito didn't get to to finish what he was going to say, because naruto started wailing again.

"Does that sound like a wet cry to you? Or a hungry cry?" Rin asked

"Hungry...I'll go warm up the bottle" obito said and and practically flew out of the couch"

"Then I'll go and soothe him"

XxXxXxXxXxXxX
A/N

What a cute pair huh?

I've already told you I fully intend to bring those two together!
Just when obito has lost some more of his memories.

He looses some memories everyday, so at some point soon it's gonna go fast.
But that doesn't mean I don't have a lot in store for you!

Till next time!