Ch 25 - something is wrong

Minatos POV

"-no no no that's not it, that's not it!" I laughed nervously at my wife's accusations.

She had apparently seen the rather unpleasant talk I had with kakashi.. she had also been against my accusations of Obito.
So I can see why she would get agitated by this.

She had phrased it as 'sprinkling salt into an open wound'

"I-I was merely giving him a talking to! Y'know, sensei and student stuff!" I explained nervously flailing my hands around in multiple gestures.

"Oh yeah?! Well if you really wanna be a good sensei then-" Kushina said, but was cut off by a knock on the door before she could get to the point.

'Thank god' I thought and quickly escaped to open the door.
Kushina is defiantly scary, but I love her, so I couldn't help the smile that was plastered to my face.

"Yes?" I said as I opened the door to reveal an Anbu.
"What can I do for you?" I asked the Anbu that looked to be a male.

"Namikaze-San. You have been called to an emergency meeting with the council" the Anbu told me in a monotone voice.

I was often called in to council meetings due to the fact that I was in line to be the fourth hokage, but only if they favored me over Orochimaru of course.

"Can I know the details of this meeting?" I asked, turning serious. If it was an emergency meeting that meant that something was wrong.

"It would appear that lord Danzig was murdered in his office earlier today"

I stiffened.
Danzo has been killed?
I had never liked the old man and would've been just fine with the idea of him dying of old age or in the midst of battle.
But murdered.. in his own office even.
This was a huge threat.
If it was done by another village it could very well be a declaration of war.
But who would want war now that the third war is finally over?

"I'll be there as soon as possible" I said and closed the door when the Anbu had disappeared to report.

"Kushina I'm sorry but I have to go to a meeting" I said as I went back inside to look for my Jonin vest.

"I thought you said you didn't have any meeting today" she said and handed me my vest
'How did she know where it was?'

"Yes but it's an emergency...Danzo has been murdered..." just as I did when I heard, she stiffened "I don't know all the details yet, but it could turn out late, no need to wait up for me" I told her and kissed her forehead

"Alright..be wary of homura and koharu" she told me.
I nooded and quickly headed out.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

Third person POV-

"How do we know this isn't an inside job?" Hamura asked admidst all the chaos of the meeting

"What are you implying? That we may be infiltrated by spies?! Impersonation our own shinobi?!" Another council member said, quick to throw his assumptions on the table.

"No-" Shikaku started, but was immediately cut off by Koharu "danzo had many people against him! Most of all the Uchiha.." koharu said in a low voice, making it all the more threatening

"Now that is a very big assumption lady koharu..." Fugaku said back just as threatening.

"I think we all need to calm Down Here!" Hiruzen Said loudly, casting silence over the table and making the feudal Lord shrink down in his seat
"We need to take everything into
account, we can't just accuse who ever we want" Hiruzen continued

"From what we could examine Danzo died from multiple stab wounds. Which would be expected, because when his Anbu found him he was impaled with 1 sword, and 5 of these!" Shikaku said and threw a mental rod onto the table
"Whoever it was, was smart, didn't use any ninjutsu, weapons or other technices that we could help us in identifying the culprit..the only thing slightly special are those rods"

"So 6 stabs in all?" Minato asked, he could've sworn that he read 10 stabs in all

"6 of them were in vital spots, but there were 1 more rod and 3 kunai in his left arm. as for his right arm, it was shredded, and cut multiple times with the sword that later impaled his chest"

"Danzo was not weak. I don't believe he could've been killed that easily" hiruzen said and leaned further back in his chair.
Sometimes he truly wished he was a Nara, that way he would have an excuse to call this meeting 'such a drag'

"What will happen with the foundation though?" Minato asked while still skimming through the reports.

"I never liked that foundation, wasn't it a bit rough?" Asked the feudal lord fanning himself with his fan.

"Yes I agree" answered hiruzen, and continued "I'd like if it was possible to break it up. I'm sure all the many skilled shinobi there could make a living of becoming Anbu under my care or merely live a normal life as special jonin"

"Oh? Is it true that everyone in the foundation is that strong?"

"Yes..many of them has trained under Danzo since childhood"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

"Obitoooooo!!" Tobi shouted as he ran towards obito in full speed.

Obito however was too tired to deal with Tobi and simple moved out of the way, so Tobi instead collided with a tree.

"Ow" Tobi said in a muffled voice still pressed up against the tree.

"So I take it that it went according to plan?" Shiro asked appearing from underground.

'He was probably down there hiding from Tobi' obito guessed

"Danzo is dead.."

"Hm? Then how come you don't sound happy?"

Shiro was wrong, obito was happy but his happiness was overshadowed by something else, a uncertainty..like something was missing but he couldn't figure out what.

"Obito?" Tobi asked because even he began getting concerned with his friend

"Huh don't worry I'm fine...I'm...fine..."

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
A/N

Now how will the meeting continue?! Will they tell the village of this brutal murder or make up a safe cover story?!

And.... just what is wrong with obito?!

Can you guess it? Or are you in deep water?
If so! Look out for my next update!
But until then (soon)
see yaaaaa!